What's new

Some more ideas for Reptile

Seapeople

This one's for you
Here's some of my tech & set ups after being in the lab for a while. A lot of this probably isn't new, but it's at least under used. Hope this is helpful.

Oki set ups: The more ways to end a combo the better :)

Forceball set ups:
An ex forceball has 28 frames of blockstun (thanks Somberness), which gives Reptile a good amount of time to follow up if you've already recovered from the slow forceball's animation. Hope that made sense lol.

Combos:
Thanks RapZiLLa54 for the combos ending in a forceball. For a big explanation of that set up, check out this thread: http://testyourmight.com/threads/creating-an-untechable-combo.13804/

/discuss

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
The option select one is very interesting but I can't get it to work at all. Either sometimes I dash way to far from the opponent or sometimes they don't get up fast enough. It can't be a true option select either because the d3 will hit their invincible frames so the ex dash would come out anyway...

I do the 32 cross over a descent amount, mainly because its unavoidable regardless if you techroll or not and its very strict for your opponent to get a wake up attack out. All those other set ups I like but relies to much on the opponent not tech rolling except for 2>invis ender. You are either crossing them up or are in their face. Great vids man!

Seapeople

This one's for you
The option select one is very interesting but I can't get it to work at all. Either sometimes I dash way to far from the opponent or sometimes they don't get up fast enough. It can't be a true option select either because the d3 will hit their invincible frames so the ex dash would come out anyway...

I do the 32 cross over a descent amount, mainly because its unavoidable regardless if you techroll or not and its very strict for your opponent to get a wake up attack out. All those other set ups I like but relies to much on the opponent not tech rolling except for 2>invis ender. You are either crossing them up or are in their face. Great vids man!
I double checked the option select. Not sure why it won't work for you, but its working every time for me. The d3 doesn't hit wakeups' invincibility frames for some reason, so the elbow dash never comes out. It still gets beat by stuff like Kung Lao's spin though since you don't recover from d3 fast enough to block.

All these set ups work basically the same vs tech roll. It's all pretty character specific as to which one is useful. Sub zero's clone & Lao's spin stuff most of them for example

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I double checked the option select. Not sure why it won't work for you, but its working every time for me. The d3 doesn't hit wakeups' invincibility frames for some reason, so the elbow dash never comes out. It still gets beat by stuff like Kung Lao's spin though since you don't recover from d3 fast enough to block.

All these set ups work basically the same vs tech roll. It's all pretty character specific as to which one is useful. Sub zero's clone & Lao's spin stuff most of them for example

Oh its not supposed to hit? Thats where I was confused. So how is it an option select then??

They do work vs tech rolls? Interesting I'll hit the lab when I get home from work.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Oh its not supposed to hit? Thats where I was confused. So how is it an option select then??

They do work vs tech rolls? Interesting I'll hit the lab when I get home from work.
Yepp :)
D3 does hit when they're grounded but not when they wakeup. Not sure why it works out that way lol

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
oh my god those flashy ones at the end were were so swag!! some really nice stuff here good stuff

Seapeople

This one's for you
Thanks for the replies everybody. I'm still looking into these set ups to see if I can get more out of them, so I'll update this thread if I do