What's new

Some interesting stuff on f3,3,b3 combo

jbthrash

Nut Breaker
A while back I did some test with Cage. I found out that of all of Cage's bnb combos f3,3,b3 is best for building meter. I couldn't find any other combo that was safe and also built more meter or did more chip damage. I found this to be a great tool to use when I was low on meter and I was fighting an opponent looking to block and punish me.

To be exact. It does 5 percent damage on chip and it builds one third of a bar of meter.

Because it is safe there is no down side to using this other than players who are good with cross ups.

I find myself using this combo a lot after a nut punch when I'm low on meter. After all there is no penality for using it, and I get to build meter faster than any of his other moves.

I also follow up my frame trap with this combo. IF you do this you technically only burn 1/4 of a bar. That's because you gain meter back from the frame trap and then the b3,3,f3.

I don't know if this has been posted, but I haven't seen any guide talk about the properties of this combo on chip. For me this is how I build meter, and it is the fastest way to build meter with Cage.

jbthrash

Nut Breaker
Agreed, which you REALLLLLLY dont want to happen against certain characters who can zone you to death. Fuck dude, they are praying for that blocked B3.
To me this seems like one of the best option, and nothing else builds meter faster for Cage. Not too mention a ton of Cage players do 2, 1, f2 after the frame trap or after the nut punch. That combo pushes the opponent back and it doesn't build as much meter.

Well what are your suggestions?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Yes. But what do you do? F3,2 isn't perfect. It builds less meter, it isn't faster, and only ignorant opponents don't know how to stop it.
F32 and F33B3 are the same speed considering they both start with the same move lol.

I dont understand what you're trying to say, theres never 1 set thing you have to do with Cage, if you want to do F33B3 and they block it you better think fast because you dont wanna be at that range, Cage builds meter from mixing up his block strings, not from just repeating 1 string.

And what do you mean ignorant opponents dont know how to stop it, once theyre in block theyre in block, not much you can do to stop it lol...

F33B3 can drop your pressure game, keep doing it if you want but it wont win you games because every decent player is gonna be wanting that B3 to come at the end of the string. Thats why its a gamble throwing it out.

I know if I were playing against cage I'd gladly give him that 5% and 1/3 bar of meter in exchange for him being the hell away from me. The pushback on B3 just makes it so your opponent isn't in a guessing situation anymore. By adding it on, you're giving them room to breathe.

jbthrash

Nut Breaker
F32 and F33B3 are the same speed considering they both start with the same move lol.

I dont understand what you're trying to say, theres never 1 set thing you have to do with Cage, if you want to do F33B3 and they block it you better think fast because you dont wanna be at that range, Cage builds meter from mixing up his block strings, not from just repeating 1 string.

And what do you mean ignorant opponents dont know how to stop it, once theyre in block theyre in block, not much you can do to stop it lol...

F33B3 can drop your pressure game, keep doing it if you want but it wont win you games because every decent player is gonna be wanting that B3 to come at the end of the string. Thats why its a gamble throwing it out.
Alrite I understand what your saying. By ignorant opponent I mean a person who just stays in block or retaliates with a slow attack while being pressured by f3,2. A smart opponent may use a fast special, might jump away, or they will down 1 at the end of Cage's combo. To me I just don't feel like I gain as much from that pressure.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
On top off that, NRS will raise the ante by making F+3 2 non-cancelable.

Train your opponent to look forward to blocked b3 as a way out of the Cage.

Then instead do f3, d3, throw.

If they adapt to that, do f3, d3, f3-3-b3, or f3, d3, enhanced nut punch. Or do the original block string.

The possibilities are endless. That's what makes Cage who he is.