What's new

General/Other Some grundy cross up set ups/Discussion

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Was playing around with cross ups set ups Ive found a lot of the cast can create because of the way the game reads movement on knockdown. I would like to discuss how effective you think they might be and when it would be better to go into one of these set ups instead of confirmed damage(I mean this is grundy and confirmed damage is high damage). Some of the set ups on hit...

After b23 dash twice as soon as you are out of recovery and NJ(this is the same thing as the corpse hop set up from WC[mb])whatever. With this particular set up I have found you can get in a MB or regular grave rot cancel on the b23 string and still fit two dashes in and get the cross up. This is made to hit normal by slightly delaying the dash. You can also delay it to the point that your dash wont put you in the middle of the character model(but that makes it easy to see its not crossing up). This set up can be tech rolled.

After f13 you can dash twice or once depending on how you want the set up to look. If you dash twice and jump immediately the cross up will come out quite consistent easily, but its impossible to delay the jump to stop it from crossing while keeping the ambiguity. If you dash once in the same timing it takes to link 11xxswamp hands then NJ immediately, your airs will cross up. If you delay the NJ slightly you will not cross up. The second option creates a much more ambiguous cross up situation thats harder to read. With this set up air 2's will not hit most characters unless its done in the corner, but will connect on big bodies with proper timing. This set up can be tech rolled

After d2 you can do the same things as the f13 set up.

After f122 in the corner you can dash immediately after recovery and NJ to cross up. You can delay the dash to make this not cross up while keeping some of the ambiguity, but its still kind of a visible change.

Was playing around with cross ups set ups Ive found a lot of the cast can create because of the way the game reads movement on knockdown. I would like to discuss how effective you think they might be and when it would be better to go into one of these set ups instead of confirmed damage(I mean this is grundy and confirmed damage is high damage). Some of the set ups on hit...

After b23 dash twice as soon as you are out of recovery and NJ(this is the same thing as the corpse hop set up from WC[mb])whatever. With this particular set up I have found you can get in a MB or regular grave rot cancel on the b23 string and still fit two dashes in and get the cross up. This is made to hit normal by slightly delaying the dash. You can also delay it to the point that your dash wont put you in the middle of the character model(but that makes it easy to see its not crossing up). This set up can be tech rolled.

After f13 you can dash twice or once depending on how you want the set up to look. If you dash twice and jump immediately the cross up will come out quite consistent easily, but its impossible to delay the jump to stop it from crossing while keeping the ambiguity. If you dash once in the same timing it takes to link 11xxswamp hands then NJ immediately, your airs will cross up. If you delay the NJ slightly you will not cross up. The second option creates a much more ambiguous cross up situation thats harder to read. With this set up air 2's will not hit most characters unless its done in the corner, but will connect on big bodies with proper timing. This set up can be tech rolled

After d2 you can do the same things as the f13 set up.

After f122 in the corner you can dash immediately after recovery and NJ to cross up. You can delay the dash to make this not cross up while keeping some of the ambiguity, but its still kind of a visible change.

All your set ups can be tech rolled. Thats the entire point of the corpse hop starting off the mb walking corpse. Your opponent can't roll so has to eat the mixup though I've been playing around with it and I'm starting to think even that is less and less of a mix up than people initially thought.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
All your set ups can be tech rolled. Thats the entire point of the corpse hop starting off the mb walking corpse. Your opponent can't roll so has to eat the mixup though I've been playing around with it and I'm starting to think even that is less and less of a mix up than people initially thought.
The final set up is a hard knockdown and cannot be tech rolled. These set ups are listed because they are ways grundy can get a cross up without meter. The first set up has more merit because you can get a regular OR ex grave rot cancel in before the set up begins(this can most likely be done on the d2 set up as well). They are also all safe, so if you happen to see your opponent tech roll just dont jump. The corpse hop set up still has its uses, but once your opponent realizes whats going on the gimmick has outrun its time. You can still use the set up and fake a corpse by just doing the stance switch to try to throw off reads, and to bait out unsafe wake ups.

The main thing that should be taken from this is that its very easy to create cross ups by getting your opponent into a juggled state and dashing into their character model as they fall. I feel that every character with a decent juggle can create these kind of cross ups.

The final set up is a hard knockdown and cannot be tech rolled. These set ups are listed because they are ways grundy can get a cross up without meter. The first set up has more merit because you can get a regular OR ex grave rot cancel in before the set up begins(this can most likely be done on the d2 set up as well). They are also all safe, so if you happen to see your opponent tech roll just dont jump. The corpse hop set up still has its uses, but once your opponent realizes whats going on the gimmick has outrun its time. You can still use the set up and fake a corpse by just doing the stance switch to try to throw off reads, and to bait out unsafe wake ups.

The main thing that should be taken from this is that its very easy to create cross ups by getting your opponent into a juggled state and dashing into their character model as they fall. I feel that every character with a decent juggle can create these kind of cross ups.

You're right I missed the f122 because of paragraph layout. But again you can't create a cross up situation against decent players because they'll tech roll. You need a hard knock down to do it. Against randoms then it usually doesn't even matter they're free anyway.