What's new

Some changes that could be nice.

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
I thought of two things that could up Nightwolf's game in a future patch or something.

1) Quicker recovery on his EN Lightning so he can get a bit more than a Dash from full screen. It's so easily avoided anyways.
2) Dodge-cancelable Arrow Shot for more pressure string possibilities and mindgames.

What do you think?

B W1zZ

Noob
I think nightwolf is fine the way he is. Buffing en lightning and arrow like that could make him broken.

You probably haven't played a good nightwolf if you think he needs buffs.

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
I think the character is really good. He has nice tools and high damage output, but he's lacking something to compete with the top tier chars. I guess a lot of chars do anyways... Other than Lord of the Fly I haven't seen a lot of high-level NW indeed.

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
He doesn't need a fast projectile since he's got an unblockable fullscreen lightning. The issue with it tho is that it's extremely unsafe at jump-in distance and closer, and further than that you only get a dash out of it. Even at full screen it's easily avoided or teleport punished.

He doesn't need a fast projectile since he's got an unblockable fullscreen lightning. The issue with it tho is that it's extremely unsafe at jump-in distance and closer, and further than that you only get a dash out of it. Even at full screen it's easily avoided or teleport punished.
yeah thats what i was about to say he might have a unblockable lighting but it's really unsafe

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
All I would ever want changed with nw is this...

Arrows that start up a bit faster like kratos. The recovery is fine it's the start up that kills him.

And giving eh shoulder a full body hitbox like kenshi's. Being able to duck and uppercut or grab after first shoulder is retarded.

And the only reason I want those is to fight against characters like kitana, kabal, raiden, and cyrax who turtle out nw. Nw has the worst time against zoners. Reflect is not enough unless you give him the ability to do reflect in the air...lol

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
Nightwolf doesnt need anything at all.

i guess the only thing that would be nice if we could cancel lightning for mind games

if we could cancel arrow i dont think i would ever use it!

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
What? Canceling arrows is awesome. It allows you to bait teleports. It allows you to play mindgames in block pressure strings. Alright, I guess dash canceling a lightning has the same result, but the opponent will react differently since he knows he can't block it.

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
with lightning cancel you would bait jumps for air combos - hatchet

with arrow they could stay ducking and make shoulder not as usable as well imo - i never really use arrow tbh

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
Yeah in the end being able to cancel lightning would probably be better. But cancelling his arrows would enhance his mind game for resets in a way.

Example:

122 axe, b2 axe, dash 1, dash 1, dash 122, arrow (can condition opponent to block) dash cancel, EN lightning instead, b2 axe, dash1, dash1, dash 122 shoulder = 68% damage 1 bar

Of course anyone with an armored wakeup option that has range would screw you up, and people won't fall for the gimmick after 1 or 2 tries.

Also after you cancel, a good player will be able to read your lightning anyways, stop blocking on wakeup and get a free JIP I guess. It all depends on how fast this happens and also if he does a delayed wake or not. Can't test it to see :(

Might not be that good after all :p