What's new

So. Who here cosplays?

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Just thought I'd make this thread for fun.

Who here enjoys cosplay? Whether you bought it online or made it yourself, lets see what you've done!

It's a really fun hobby, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that likes to do it and go to conventions. Lets see what you got!

I also think this would be a cool thread to post your costume progress if you're making something from scratch, I don't really wanna join any cosplay websites to post progress pics on, and I'd much rather share what I do with all you guys here on TYM anyway.

Feel free to share anything you've made in the past, or what you're working on currently :)

I suppose I'll kick it off.

Sektor (MK3)

PND_Ketchup

Boom: (Borderlands 2) The yellow guy on the right for anyone that's unfamiliar with the game.

Mustard is the Mordercai behind me.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I honestly thought about being Kung Lao at this con my friend wanted to take me too, but I can't find any website on the internet at all that sells Kung Lao costumes lol. Sick Sekor though

PND_Ketchup

I honestly thought about being Kung Lao at this was con my friend wanted to take me too, but I can't find any website on the internet at all that sells Kung Lao costumes lol. Sick Sekor though
If I remember right, there are a couple of guys that sell Kung Lao costumes online, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Cheers, a Kung Lao cosplay would be awesome!

haketh

Warrior
No pics but I've gone as Barret *FF&* and Dutch* Black LAgoon* a couple times to Anime Expo. need to drop some weight before I get back into it though. Kind of sucks though, pretty limited if I wanna stay spot on due to being black and tall as fuck.

Goldi

Warrior
You're gonna get me started pic whoring... Lol my favorite was Sonya since I have a passing resemblance to her. I love how detailed @Rosegoddess gets with her costumes!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I won some kind of headset as her at cosplay competition at NEC (WB? They start to blur together lol) not that I can use it with Hitbox though :(

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Goldfish you're so cute. You should play Sonya in the Mortal kombat movie.

Me?Hmm...well I have plans to do characters like Klonoa, Rayman, and Spiek from MLP. If I had cash I would do Havik from MKD. I'm cool with a lot of cosplays too.

PND_Ketchup

Good stuff guys!

Last October, Mustard and I made some Iron man Hybrid suits with some friends. I made Iron Man Sabretooth (the one on the left) and Mustard is the Iron Shocker in the middle.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
If I remember right, there are a couple of guys that sell Kung Lao costumes online, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Cheers, a Kung Lao cosplay would be awesome!
Well if you remember those websites you should def let me know because I feel like I searched everywhere on Google for hours and didn't find anything lol. There's tons of pics of people cosplaying as Kung Lao, but nobody selling any costumes of him. Not on Ebay or anywhere :(

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Well if you remember those websites you should def let me know because I feel like I searched everywhere on Google for hours and didn't find anything lol. There's tons of pics of people cosplaying as Kung Lao, but nobody selling any costumes of him. Not on Ebay or anywhere :(
Just had a quick look around and all the places i know that used to make the costumes seem to have discontinued them, might be worth asking around for anyone who might do commisions, i'm sure Goldfish might know someone who can help in the US. :)

Goldi

Warrior
I'm getting cosplay cravings with all the Halloween stuff out! SOT Semi Evil Ryu I have a pic of us as kitty and subzy at GGA last year, I have to find it! <3

FOREVER KING Lets see.. Kung Lao I went googling karate and "kung fu wear" sleeveless tunics and started finding some pretty cool stuff in martial arts and karate supplies
http://www.blackbeltshop.com/kungfu.htm
http://www.sakuramartialarts.com/Martial_Arts_Costumes_Halloween_Theater_Theater_Plays_s/705.htm

sometimes the hardest part is identifying what exactly they're wearing lol loin cloth and apron are popular search terms for the ninjas. Kung Lao is wearing a "sleeveless gi". You can find a plain gi from martial art supply sites like here
http://www.discountmas.com/ce8ozmibrcos.html
And embellish his details yourself or through a local tailor, just add a silk sash and a hat (you may want to cut the shirt to show more skin so I don't recommend silk ). I'm not much of a seamstress myself so I like to look for outfits that are already close to what they're wearing and just add on my own touches.

And googling around "gi with apron" I found where the MK cast shops lol :D

http://www.chineseclothingonline.com/index.php?cPath=86&name=Costumes+of+Taichi,+Kungfu,+Shaolin+and+Wudang&gclid=CLLCkoaPnLoCFcxaMgod8xgA-A

If anyone wants cosplay help I'm always more than happy to!