What's new

So whats the new tech

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Its after NEC and i heard some new tech that would make kitana better than she already is would be revealed

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
That's disappointing. Not nearly as good as it was hyped up to be.

Good string, but I thought it was really something new.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
On knocked down opponents the 1 of the 2, 1 string OTG's. CD is capable of hit confirming an ex fan if the opponent blocks in correctly. He was also making good use of jip 1, 1, 2 cutter then following it up with b1, 2 which ends in an overhead and is a pseudo frame trap.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I couldn't really tell any new tech by Kitana because all I could see what Detroit's Shang going crazy on her lol

The new 2,1 tech in a nutshell.

Once you start the 2,1 watch your opponent. If they jumped out of the string before it hit then complete the string with another 2. So on jump you 2,1,2 the last 2 takes you so far forward the opponent can not hit you with their cross up attempt.

2,1 on block should be ended with a cutter. You can follow up with lots of things but CD uses a lot of b1,2 to follow up

2,1 on hit confirm should be ended with ex fan dash cancel into combo of your choice.

There you go.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
2,1 on block should be ended with a cutter. You can follow up with lots of things but CD uses a lot of b1,2 to follow up
When they're crouching you have to end in 2, however, or they can get a free uppercut. I don't know if it requires a fast uppercut, but I know Quan Chi can.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I noticed the b12 after a blocked cutter as well, that was good. You can use b1 into cutter or b12 to check them blocking low.

The thing with 21~ex fan is that it is an option select. If the 1 connects, the ex fan will come out, but if it whiffs the fan will not come out. The problem lies in if your opponent blocks the 1 then you waste a bar... it is still really good. I'm glad that I found it on my own after CDjr mentioned its existence.

I've posted in another thread, but the best way to see this for yourself is to get someone to test with. Have them stay on the ground after you do a forward throw then do 21. The 1 will hit them off the ground. 21 can also be used against Lao's spin and Cage's xray at the right distance but what Cage is going to do it when you are outside sweep distance lol

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
i finally got to try it ( b12) and i won but i got called a scrubby day 1 kitana... so i guess it works :)

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I don't get what's so good about b+1,2 after a blocked cutter. If you're crouch blocking(and there's no reason not to be after a blocked cutter) you can interrupt the second hit of b+1,2 with a low poke or fast uppercut and the same for b+1~cutter. No mixup there. Because of the pushback from jip 2,1~cutter doing b+1,2 will blow up stuff like d+1 and other short range attacks but it's a 20 frame move. They can do anything faster with range, quickly dash in and do a full combo interrupt, or jump out(can even NJP and hit her on the way down). I don't see how this setup is in her favor when if you read them trying to attack after blocked cutter you can punish the whiff with f+2,1 for similar risk and hella reward. I like the positioning if it's blocked though.