What's new

Question So...what's Bat's reset?

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
I've been experimenting for days and just can't figure out a viable reset, any clues?
It is with his trait and NJ 22. Let say combo: 223, B3, JI2, B2~trait(call the bats),B2~grapple MB, NJ2~22. Now you have plus frames and your opponent is standing, so no wake up. Go for low/overhead and use the bats as back up.

Roko1985

I've been experimenting for days and just can't figure out a viable reset, any clues?
Or another on I use is combo starter like 223, B3, JI2, B2~trait(call bats),B23, release bats, grapple MB, NJ2~22. The reason i use this one is: 1st- it is easier and 2d- because of the wall carry and if you start mid screen, your opponent will be cornered and if you go after the 22 for low/overhead and do ....let say B113,1,1, D2~trait(you call one bat),22~ grabble MB,NJ2~22 and the same situation and you have one bat with you, you have plus frames and they are standing. Go for low/overhead and use the bad as back up. If you now go for F3, do 1,1,D~trait(you call another bat), 22 Grabble MB, NJ2~22 and so on and so on. I use 1,1 in the combos just to get enough time to charge the bat.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
It is with his trait and NJ 22. Let say combo: 223, B3, JI2, B2~trait(call the bats),B2~grapple MB, NJ2~22. Now you have plus frames and your opponent is standing, so no wake up. Go for low/overhead and use the bats as back
up.

Wow that's much longer than my Ares 112~d4 j2 b23 (reset) MBgs b3 j2 b23 (repeat) but I'll go to the lab with it...once I realized that Ares gets beat by around 8 characters I threw him out the window. Been using Bats during demo and before my Ares so I'll probably stick with him. I just feel like I'm useless against Deathstroke, I hate good Nightwings and Ravens eat me up...well...pretty much anything with full screen zones.

Roko1985

Wow that's much longer than my Ares 112~d4 j2 b23 (reset) MBgs b3 j2 b23 (repeat) but I'll go to the lab with it...once I realized that Ares gets beat by around 8 characters I threw him out the window. Been using Bats during demo and before my Ares so I'll probably stick with him. I just feel like I'm useless against Deathstroke, I hate good Nightwings and Ravens eat me up...well...pretty much anything with full screen zones.
Deathstroke and Nughtwing are not that bad to fight, but Raven.....I don't know shit about her. Ares's reset is now a bit guessing after the patch. Still solid I think.

FinalBoss_FGC

Deathstroke and Nughtwing are not that bad to fight, but Raven.....I don't know shit about her. Ares's reset is now a bit guessing after the patch. Still solid I think.
A good Raven literally won't let you get close to her. You can send batarangs but they get sent back, you can try grapple but it moves so slow she can duck right under dem bitches. One of the reasons I may 2nd her. You sound like you know what you're doing...what's your tips on using trait? I always end up panic-sending bats cuz I'm afraid I'll get hit and lose em for 8 seconds or however long. I know it's best to have one on you always but I bring it out then get shit on...I've been working in using 112~t, b23 to get it out safely but utilizing it is bad for me cuz I never use it at a good time.

Roko1985

A good Raven literally won't let you get close to her. You can send batarangs but they get sent back, you can try grapple but it moves so slow she can duck right under dem bitches. One of the reasons I may 2nd her. You sound like you know what you're doing...what's your tips on using trait? I always end up panic-sending bats cuz I'm afraid I'll get hit and lose em for 8 seconds or however long. I know it's best to have one on you always but I bring it out then get shit on...I've been working in using 112~t, b23 to get it out safely but utilizing it is bad for me cuz I never use it at a good time.
That is the old reset with 112~trait. It is still good. Use the bats to keep your opponent scared and let them go to make your moves safe and get plus frames. You can punish some stuff with them. If you are crouching release them then combo.

FinalBoss_FGC

That is the old reset with 112~trait. It is still good. Use the bats to keep your opponent scared and let them go to make your moves safe and get plus frames. You can punish some stuff with them. If you are crouching release them then combo.
Yeah I dug deep in some videos and watched the REO vs Tom Brady matchup and REO used the bats just like that...that's how I started using them and I'm getting pretty good at it lol I've been working on a few combos, tell me what ya think of deees:
113, b3, j2, 123, b23, call bats (36%)
123, ex straight grapple, b2, j2, j2, b23 (36%)
Corner: b23, dash!, 123, b23, release bats, MB Grapple hook, j2, b23 (50% and is really easy to land)

Those are pretty much the combos I use and decided to only Meter Burn for b3s, straight grapple, and that block push thingy

Roko1985

Yeah I dug deep in some videos and watched the REO vs Tom Brady matchup and REO used the bats just like that...that's how I started using them and I'm getting pretty good at it lol I've been working on a few combos, tell me what ya think of deees:
Corner: b23, dash!, 123, b23, release bats, MB Grapple hook, j2, b23 (50% and is really easy to land)

Those are pretty much the combos I use and decided to only Meter Burn for b3s, straight grapple, and that block push thingy
The first one is a safe way to call the bats, but you end up far away from your opponent and now you have to get in or use the bats for it. Try to keep them in jump distance and if possible standing with 22 so, they are in the reach of all your attacks. The second one you probbably ment B3. Better use two bars, but finish it with Grapple MB, NJ2, 22. The same with the 3d one.

FinalBoss_FGC

The first one is a safe way to call the bats, but you end up far away from your opponent and now you have to get in or use the bats for it. Try to keep them in jump distance and if possible standing with 22 so, they are in the reach of all your attacks. The second one you probbably ment B3. Better use two bars, but finish it with Grapple MB, NJ2, 22. The same with the 3d one.

I'll def try those out! thanks much!

and RYX ...you playing on N64?

Reactions: RYX

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.

I've been working on resets as well with Bats. Have you had a pretty good success rate using these online against good players? Any new ones added to the mix?

FinalBoss_FGC

I've been working on resets as well with Bats. Have you had a pretty good success rate using these online against good players? Any new ones added to the mix?
none of the ones you quoted were resets hahaha but I haven't been able to find much else as far as resets go...I recently was at the MWC tourney and I found myself never going for a reset. With who I played against (WW and Nightwing), I didn't want to be on top of them so if I did MB Straight Grapple after a combo, I'd just nj2, b23 to get damage and midscreen. I don't play online hardly ever so I cannot tell you for sure. I was able to do that 50% corner combo tho :) I was super stoaked haha

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Try finishing any combo with 112 trait on hit.

Basic idea for a punish would be 113, b3, J2, J2, 22 MB Grapple - Push opponent to the corner, NJ2 112 Trait, then try b1 tick throw, or 12 cross up, or 123/b113, and if is blocked, release the bats and try obtain more pressure, at this point your trait will be gone, so try opt for complete strings, like b112 and fish for a knockdown.

This combo is better the closer you push the opponent to the corner.

Remember that any opponent can just push block your trait right after 112, so it ain't free.