What's new

General/Other So I started playing bane...

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
and so far I only have one issue...but its a big one. I cannot consistently get the body press to come out. I never have issues with dbf inputs with any other character or in any other fighting game. I have no idea why, but sometimes it just won't come out for me. Anyone have similar issues? This is driving me crazy. It is ONLY for the body press.

Did anyone else come across this? Or does anyone have any tips for this? Any help would be appreciated...

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I play 360 and its harder there than on the PS3 pad I play locals on. You PS3 or 360?

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Or another thing I started doing before I kinda dropped him was endin combos withdb2. Not his most damaging ender but leaves te opponent right next to you and gives you crazy good advantage for follow ups

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
Or another thing I started doing before I kinda dropped him was endin combos withdb2. Not his most damaging ender but leaves te opponent right next to you and gives you crazy good advantage for follow ups

yeah Ive messed around with that as well as double much as an ender...it just really gimps your followups though.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Playing with shazam I learned an easier way to get his dbf grab to come out.

Do a normal db then press f+input
It's almost like any normal db input special
The window to go from db to f is very big. So, you can do db and delay the f.3 a decent amount; doesn't have to be one fluid motion. Once you get it down, you'll rarely miss it again. It's really easy.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
Thanks guys. I had know clue i coud delay the f3 input. I think ive been trying to do it too fast. Time to break some backs.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I have trouble with the motion on xbox as well, my best tip is to develop some muscle memory for gliding your thumb. I still haven't gotten it down, but when I want to do BP I at least can rely on my thumb trying to work the dpad. Another way I do it is just to do a full half circle back and press forward and X. The game isn't too picky, as long as the input has the directions you want it'll usually read it.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
now that I know you can delay the F3 so much, i really never miss it on xbox. This was a great tip guys, thanks. Has my bane coming along nicely now ::) You should try it out doom.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
now that I know you can delay the F3 so much, i really never miss it on xbox. This was a great tip guys, thanks. Has my bane coming along nicely now ::) You should try it out doom.
So currently what are your go to openers and their followups bro? If you are having trouble landing any of your followups maybe we can help with that too or suggest easier stuff to land to swap out for.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
So currently what are your go to openers and their followups bro? If you are having trouble landing any of your followups maybe we can help with that too or suggest easier stuff to land to swap out for.

Well right now it depends. From a jump in i typically B23, 113 BP followed by the bane oki rapefest, or 113 charge, and follow that up with either a dash to cross them up after the charge, venom body press/double punch on wakeup. The only footsie tool I've really been able to work is d1 to double punch or d1 bp to try and jail grab. I'm having a bit of difficulty getting beat to the punch when i use ANYTHING not armored, though. I'm sure theres plenty more I could be using. I have been also using f2d3, and also f2d bounce cancel when near a stage transition (does like 58%). I've also been trying to work in super setups for nice unclashable damage but so far the only decent setups I've found are b23 super or f2d super. Those seem to be the best way for me to guarantee it and not leave a chance for a clash. Any suggestions would be great :)

Also I'm sure I should be using d2 a lot but I always forget.