What's new

Tech So EX Boost should be your go-to wakeup

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Okay, I know it's not gonna hit anyone, but since Somberness made the relevation that EX moves gain 20 frames of invincibility on wakeup, getting up off the ground just got slightly less difficult for you guys.

EX boost is EXACTLY 20 frames, and the armor starts when she starts going forward. It's also pretty difficult to hit her out of boost during active frames.

So yeah.

Strange. You shouldn't be, if the frame data is correct.

MEH, I tried! >.<
One thing, if your opponent is closest to the corner, you can't use this method, because it will fly past them, thus positioning yourself in the corner, while wasting one bar of meter.

But you can d4 out of her animation just like all of her wakeup options. it sucks

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
One thing, if your opponent is closest to the corner, you can't use this method, because it will fly past them, thus positioning yourself in the corner, while wasting one bar of meter.

But you can d4 out of her animation just like all of her wakeup options. it sucks
I want to say lame, but I also want to say YES.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
For a second I thought THTB was talking about using ex invisibility on wakeup and calling Reptile a girl.

Accursed shoehorning players to their main.

Kitana is already in the air before the invincibility runs out, there's no way pokes could even hit her. Are you sure it said wake up attack at the bottom? I could make a video showing how high she is on the screen while absorbing an attack.
sorry i meant attacked lol, but can you show us in video please? I know i've been attacked out of it, so I dont really know how reliable it really is.

Somberness

Lights
sorry i meant attacked lol, but can you show us in video please? I know i've been attacked out of it, so I dont really know how reliable it really is.
Frame 20 of square wave on wake up.

I don't have any time today to land anything on the exact 20th frame, but here is a video showing on the 16th frame, which is still above the regular 11. The first frame of the attack is the one before she turns blue and the frame the rocket hits is the 2nd frame after it disappears. Yeah, it's weird but that's how it works. :)

Frame 20 of square wave on wake up.

I don't have any time today to land anything on the exact 20th frame, but here is a video showing on the 16th frame, which is still above the regular 11. The first frame of the attack is the one before she turns blue and the frame the rocket hits is the 2nd frame after it disappears. Yeah, it's weird but that's how it works. :)
ass.avi

Is it possible that it's invincible to specials but not to normals? Or only invincible to projectiles or something? Reason I ask is cause people are saying they got d4'd out of it.

Somberness

Lights
ass.avi

Is it possible that it's invincible to specials but not to normals? Or only invincible to projectiles or something? Reason I ask is cause people are saying they got d4'd out of it.
Everything. I haven't seen any proof otherwise so I pay it no mind. :rolleyes:

this is why i agree with james mk that frame data isnt 100% reliable. i know for a fact i've been hit out of that move many times. in fact, i think it's only worked for me like once out of 6 or 7 times i tried it before giving up on the move.

this is why i agree with james mk that frame data isnt 100% reliable. i know for a fact i've been hit out of that move many times. in fact, i think it's only worked for me like once out of 6 or 7 times i tried it before giving up on the move.
If you don't just-frame the wakeup, you shouldn't have the full 20 frames invincibility as far as I know...

If you don't just-frame the wakeup, you shouldn't have the full 20 frames invincibility as far as I know...
... what? so you're telling me even though the words "wakeup attack" pop up on the bottom of the screen, if i input it one frame later then i dont get invincibility? that's fully retarded. not i believe more than before that frame data isnt reliable. like if the frame data means that with ideal inputs done in zero frames so long as the opponent is neutral or ideally blocking or doing an ideal attack, then that's absurd. i can see it making a difference to understand general principles. but damn... it aint the bible.

... what? so you're telling me even though the words "wakeup attack" pop up on the bottom of the screen, if i input it one frame later then i dont get invincibility? that's fully retarded. not i believe more than before that frame data isnt reliable. like if the frame data means that with ideal inputs done in zero frames so long as the opponent is neutral or ideally blocking or doing an ideal attack, then that's absurd. i can see it making a difference to understand general principles. but damn... it aint the bible.
No... what i'm saying is that the invincibility starts on the first frame you are able to have a wakeup come out.

let's pretend the window to input a wakeup attack is six frames. If you input your wakeup on that 1st frame, you get let's say 20 frames invincibility. However if you input that wakeup attack late, lets say on the final (6th) frame, your wakeup attack would only have 15 frames of invincibility. It's basic subtraction, I just don't know the exact numbers... what I've given I've pulled out of thin air. You'll have to have somberness confirm, but I'm pretty sure that's how wakeup invincibility works. You never just "lose it" unless the wakeup invincibility frame count is low and your lateness in inputting it is high.

Somebody more eloquent than me please help out here...

No... what i'm saying is that the invincibility starts on the first frame you are able to have a wakeup come out.

let's pretend the window to input a wakeup attack is six frames. If you input your wakeup on that 1st frame, you get let's say 20 frames invincibility. However if you input that wakeup attack late, lets say on the final (6th) frame, your wakeup attack would only have 15 frames of invincibility. It's basic subtraction, I just don't know the exact numbers... what I've given I've pulled out of thin air. You'll have to have somberness confirm, but I'm pretty sure that's how wakeup invincibility works. You never just "lose it" unless the wakeup invincibility frame count is low and your lateness in inputting it is high.

Somebody more eloquent than me please help out here...
it would make more sense if you put it in on the last possible frame because then your invincivility frames start later and should add to the total frams of your action. even so though noone thinks, ok im going to attack because this foo put in the input on the last frame so my 15 frame attack will hit, that's stupid.