What's new

Skype Calls + X Split Streaming

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
I've been having a problem trying to get X Split to work with Skype when I'm running live streams. I'd love to have a Co-Commentator but I've found that when I'm streaming the Chat can hear me, but they can never hear the person I'm talking to. I've tried going into scene selection and "adding" the Skype call which brings the logo on the screen but that doesn't help. All of my volumes are maxed (except for the Game & mic volume, those are adjusted accordingly) so the best thing I can come up with is that there is some manner of audio settings between my PC, X Split & Skype that isn't synched up properly.

Anyone have any advice?

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Owner
Administrator
Premium Supporter
This is actually a problem. Most ofvus have been there. It's been forever since I've done it but it is done in Skype and audio settings of the comp. I need to try and remember. Someone should know off the top of their head

Decay

King of the Bill
I've been having a problem trying to get X Split to work with Skype when I'm running live streams. I'd love to have a Co-Commentator but I've found that when I'm streaming the Chat can hear me, but they can never hear the person I'm talking to. I've tried going into scene selection and "adding" the Skype call which brings the logo on the screen but that doesn't help. All of my volumes are maxed (except for the Game & mic volume, those are adjusted accordingly) so the best thing I can come up with is that there is some manner of audio settings between my PC, X Split & Skype that isn't synched up properly.

Anyone have any advice?
I don't use x-split, I use OBS. I had a similar problem until I realized any sound that comes out of my computer will play to the stream. So what I ended up having to do was get headphones to hear the skype call, and that way the stream can hear it too without hearing an echo or anything. I'm not sure if that pertains to anything you're having issues with

pherleece

Woolay
Could be many things. I can tell you what is happening. So the stream hears you cause your mic is going directly to the microphone output audio. They skype doesnt pass through due to a setting but just like @AoK Ryan i havent streamed in a while.
I do have one guess/idea.. try this, open skype first and get in the call with someone. Then start xsplit and log on ready to stream. Have the other guy on skype talk and see if the sound levels are moving at all in xsplit