What's new

Question Skarlet. Why soo slow?

Ca$hFlagg

Online » Offline
I picked Skarlet up as a compliment to my style of game. I like to play a rush down, low-mid mix up game. I practiced ending all my Combos into 112xxdf3 because I loved the natural mix up there.

My problem is that I'm finding very little combo opportunity to even get to the mix up. It seems like her normals are getting stuffed by quicker ones. I can't find a string that competes with the others. How do you guys get in with her?

The key to skarlet is to not get in with her. It is to zone with f43 and dagger cancels then when the make a mistake capitalize. I like to use the combo b2,downslash,df3,downslash, 4, df3,upslash 112 df3.For a more quick punish go for f312 instead of b2. Also tat combo gets them to the corner which is exactly where we want them because she can keep them in with f43 and go for 48% like corner combos.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
^ That.

Skarlet is a zoner. Your combo damage and mixup opportunities come almost entirely from punishment scenarios.

Ca$hFlagg

Online » Offline
Dang and here I thought she could kinda be played like my main (Reptile). I liked the idea of canceling her strings into dash for mid or low...so if she's a zoner..and kenshi is a zoner..will they ever put another rush down? Rain looks heavy zoner too. Very original. Thanks guys.

I have mixed opinions about rain's style. In the trailer I see a Tele punch good combos and potential minus. But also I see a water/stream projectile, a orb to control spacing in or out and a possibility of a chargeable roundhouse. Any thoughts?

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Dang and here I thought she could kinda be played like my main (Reptile). I liked the idea of canceling her strings into dash for mid or low...so if she's a zoner..and kenshi is a zoner..will they ever put another rush down? Rain looks heavy zoner too. Very original. Thanks guys.
Kenshi's not a zoner, he's a corner fighter who can kinda zone. And I don't know WTF Rain's deal is, seems like mostly bait-and-punish kinda stuff. Doesn't seem to have any zoning... or mixups. It's like he's in the game to be average as hell.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I'm not totally sure what these guys are talking about concerning Skarlet.

Feel free to challenge me on XBL and I'll show you how Skarlet works :)
I don't play online, sorry. I feel it's a completely different game than what I'm used to offline. I compete in offline tournaments, and the timing screws me up.

Skarlet is good up close though. I dunno if I would call her a zoner because her kunai aren't all that strong. They are just good to throw people off long enough for you to get in with a combo. I also use jumping kunai up close against downed opponents.