What's new

Question Skarlet - What is important?

Runiix

the only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta
So i recently bought the DLC package. (yep, very late)
I thought i were gonna play with Rain, but meh.

Skarlet seems like a very, very interesten and pretty lady - And i wanna get on first name with her tbh.

It does also seem like she is a pretty hard character to master, and im not planning on mastering her at all. Atleast not right now...

What is her most important bnb midscreen and corner?

If u got 2 combos of each, that would be perfect.
I dunno how much xray she uses, seems to scale abit and not be worth it?

She does also seem like a fighter who can be anything, and im guessing she got some bad MU's and i wouldnt call her an anti-zoner (but i do main smoke, so i dont need that lol)
But am i right, when saying she can play from a distance but also works well up close? (not directly rushdown though)
Phew, way to much blaaaaabering.

2 x BNB midscreen and corner combos.
And if u would be so kind, to name her most important strings.

aaaaand, if u got some "key tips" when trying to play Skarlet that would be awesome!
Whats the best approach to this "bloody foxy lady" ?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
So i recently bought the DLC package. (yep, very late)
I thought i were gonna play with Rain, but meh.

Skarlet seems like a very, very interesten and pretty lady - And i wanna get on first name with her tbh.

It does also seem like she is a pretty hard character to master, and im not planning on mastering her at all. Atleast not right now...

What is her most important bnb midscreen and corner?

If u got 2 combos of each, that would be perfect.
I dunno how much xray she uses, seems to scale abit and not be worth it?

She does also seem like a fighter who can be anything, and im guessing she got some bad MU's and i wouldnt call her an anti-zoner (but i do main smoke, so i dont need that lol)
But am i right, when saying she can play from a distance but also works well up close? (not directly rushdown though)
Phew, way to much blaaaaabering.

2 x BNB midscreen and corner combos.
And if u would be so kind, to name her most important strings.

aaaaand, if u got some "key tips" when trying to play Skarlet that would be awesome!
Whats the best approach to this "bloody foxy lady" ?
there are so many good threads with good info in here. just read a few and start using her and your style will come in time.

ryublaze

Noob
Midscreen BnBs:
combo starter (such as f4), red dash, down slash, 2, red dash, down slash, 2, red dash, down slash, dash, 1, 1, 2
OR
combo starter, red dash, down slash, dash, u3, air dagger, 2, red dash, down slash, dash, 1, 1, 2

Either of those work. I prefer the 1st one for more meter and push to corner but the 2nd one grants +1 or more frame advantage.

F2, 1, 2, 1+2, red dash, up slash, dash, 2, dagger toss (dash cancel), 1, 1, 2

EX down slash, dash, 2, 3, red dash, down slash, dash, 1, 1, 2

Corner BnBs:
F2, 1, 2, 1+2, (red dash), down slash, b1, 1, f4, down slash, 1, 1, 2
The red dash in parenthases is only necessary if you are at midscreen going into corner combo.

combo starter, red dash, down slash, b2, down slash, b1, 1, f4, down slash, 1, 1, 2

There are other corner combo variants that other people use but these are the basic ones I use.

Most important strings:
1,1,2 (used at the end of combos for a standing reset, then cancel it into red dash or EX dagger, also jails on stand block into ex dagger)
1,1,4 (used in neutral game, also jails on stand block into ex dagger)
f2, 1, 2, 1+2 (used on high hitbox characters, but don't use it too much in the neutral game, also jails on stand block into ex dagger)
b1, 1, f4 (used on low hitibox characters)
f4, 3 (keepaway tool)
u3, 4 (useful in the corner when cancelled into air dagger (close))

Key tips:
Your way of playing Skarlet will come in time, but watching some match videos might help you learn her. Don't overuse her f2, 1, 2, 1+2 string in the neutral game. Don't be careless with daggers. Most importantly, study her frame data.

Runiix

the only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta
Midscreen BnBs:
combo starter (such as f4), red dash, down slash, 2, red dash, down slash, 2, red dash, down slash, dash, 1, 1, 2
OR
combo starter, red dash, down slash, dash, u3, air dagger, 2, red dash, down slash, dash, 1, 1, 2

Either of those work. I prefer the 1st one for more meter and push to corner but the 2nd one grants +1 or more frame advantage.

F2, 1, 2, 1+2, red dash, up slash, dash, 2, dagger toss (dash cancel), 1, 1, 2

EX down slash, dash, 2, 3, red dash, down slash, dash, 1, 1, 2

Corner BnBs:
F2, 1, 2, 1+2, (red dash), down slash, b1, 1, f4, down slash, 1, 1, 2
The red dash in parenthases is only necessary if you are at midscreen going into corner combo.

combo starter, red dash, down slash, b2, down slash, b1, 1, f4, down slash, 1, 1, 2

There are other corner combo variants that other people use but these are the basic ones I use.

Most important strings:
1,1,2 (used at the end of combos for a standing reset, then cancel it into red dash or EX dagger, also jails on stand block into ex dagger)
1,1,4 (used in neutral game, also jails on stand block into ex dagger)
f2, 1, 2, 1+2 (used on high hitbox characters, but don't use it too much in the neutral game, also jails on stand block into ex dagger)
b1, 1, f4 (used on low hitibox characters)
f4, 3 (keepaway tool)
u3, 4 (useful in the corner when cancelled into air dagger (close))

Key tips:
Your way of playing Skarlet will come in time, but watching some match videos might help you learn her. Don't overuse her f2, 1, 2, 1+2 string in the neutral game. Don't be careless with daggers. Most importantly, study her frame data.
alright, alot of good info.
she seems like she is kinda hard to master - but im lost on a third fighter. and she seems like alot of fun.
is her normal strings to slow for her to rushdown? or do u have to mix your game up alot, depending on who u play?
who is the best skarlet to watch in tournaments? is it Fly?

ryublaze

Noob
alright, alot of good info.
she seems like she is kinda hard to master - but im lost on a third fighter. and she seems like alot of fun.
is her normal strings to slow for her to rushdown? or do u have to mix your game up alot, depending on who u play?
who is the best skarlet to watch in tournaments? is it Fly?
She can rushdown fine but it's not like Cage rushdown. Her rushdown is better on high hitbox characters because her standing 1 and F2 strings don't whiff on crouch block. The best Skarlets to watch in tournaments IMO are Emperor_Scar, Lordofthefly, and Crazy Dominican. You might learn a lot from my mirror matches with Emperor_Scar and Ninj.