What's new

Tech Skarlet Tech Thread

ryublaze

Noob
This thread will consist of all tech for Skarlet. If you have any tech (or gimmicks) you want to share, feel free to discuss them in this thread. I will start off with my videos then add other tech later. Some information might be incorrect so if you spot anything please tell me. I plan on changing some tech names and videos too.

Red Pain Frametrap
After a combo ending with 1, 1, 2, you can do 1, 1, 4 to increase damage and gain meter. The opponent cannot poke out, but he can armor out of combos that give +37 or less frame advantage (the higher you land the 1, 1, 2, the more frame advantage you get). If your opponent is stand blocking, you can confirm 1, 1, 4 into EX Dagger Toss. If your opponent is crouch blocking, he can be hit by EX Down Slash. This puts your opponent into two or more guessing situations, and at the same time Skarlet is building meter from the 1, 1, 4 blockstring. Another thing worth noting is that if Red Slide hits after a standing reset it will only do around 3% damage. If you do 1, 1, 4, Red Slide and it hits, it will do 8% damage.

Red Pain Frametrap Using 2, 1, 2
If you are mixing in throws after a standing reset, the opponent would have to make a guess whether to tech the throw or not. If the opponent expects a throw and decides to tech it, and if you did 1, 1, 4 then you wouldn't get much of a combo because 1, 1, 4 doesn't launch. If you replace 1, 1, 4 with 2, 1 though, you can hit-confirm and launch the opponent with 2, 1, Red Dash, Up Slash. 2, 1 also jails the opponent on stand block and if you see the opponent crouching you can confirm it into 2, 1, 2, Red Dash, Red Slide. Standing 2 is only 2 frames slower than standing 1 so a 6 frame D1 still won't be able to poke out. The opponent can armor out of this.

OTG Air Dagger (Close)
After a forward throw in the corner, an Air Dagger (Close) will reset the opponent off the ground, eliminating any wake-up attacks. This can also be done after combos where you have enough frame advantage to throw an Air Dagger (Close), but it's usually better to end combos with a standing reset. If you do drop a combo, then Air Dagger (Close) can be used. If your opponent blocks it, you are both neutral on block. If he doesn't block it, you can dash in for a blockstring or another throw. EX Air Dagger (Far/Close) can also be used to give enough frame advantage for a follow-up D+4, Red Dash, Red Slide to finish the round or match if your opponent is low on health.

The opponent can block the Air Dagger (Close) every time by inputting a wake-up attack and holding down the block button at the same time. This allows you to bait wake-up attacks, or start pressure after a throw if your opponent doesn't do a wake-up attack.

Double Dagger Frametrap - Corner
If you use an EX Dagger Toss after a combo ending with a standing reset in the corner, it will fly over the opponent's head, giving you enough frame advantage for a follow-up blockstring. If you wait until the opponent is close to the ground before doing the standing reset, the EX Dagger Toss will connect. For low hitbox characters like Mileena, they have to be really close to the ground for the EX Dagger Toss to connect.

Deep Jump Kick OS Air Dagger (Far)
After a deep jump kick, Skarlet can throw an Air Dagger (Far) and get a full combo. When doing a deep jump kick, you have to input D, F+1 before you touch the ground. If you input it too early, the Air Dagger (Far) won't connect after the deep jump kick hits. If you input it too late, Skarlet will do a regular Dagger Toss on the ground after the deep jump kick hits. The Air Dagger (Far) will connect if the opponent is stand blocking, but you don't get as much advantage and the opponent can crouch right away. You will know that you input it correctly if the Air Dagger (Far) doesn't come out after the deep jump kick is blocked. This gives you enough frame advantage to start a blockstring.

Neutral Jump Punch + Air Dagger (Close)
If you whiff a NJP and throw an Air Dagger (Close) right away, you won't be able to do a combo. If the opponent blocks the Air Dagger (Close), you can be anti-aired. However, if you delay the Air Dagger (Close), you will be safe on block and you can hit-confirm the NJP into a full combo. If the opponent tries to anti-air you with something like D+1, he will be hit by the Air Dagger (Close) and you can move in to start pressure.

Baiting and Reversing Wake-up Attacks
After a midscreen forward throw, a Red Dash can bait 8 frame or higher wake-up attacks. Once the opponent knows to not do a wake-up attack, this allows you to do a go for a Red Dash mix-up ending with Red Slide, EX Down Slash, or another throw. This can also be done in the corner, which can reverse the opponent's wake-up attack input. You can cross the opponent over but it's even more risky. After F+4, 3 on hit in the corner, you can bait any wake-up attack. Dashing forward after F+4, 3, Red Dash will reverse the opponent's wake-up attack input. You can cross the opponent over, but you have to dash, block, then jump backwards. Walking backwards after F+4, 3, Red Dash will put you back outside of the corner. If the opponent tech rolls, then his wake-up attack input isn't reversed.

U+3, 4, Air Dagger (Close) - Corner
U+3, 4, Air Dagger (Close) can be used as pressure in the corner. All three hits are neutral on block and can be hit-confirmed into full combos. Doing U+3 into another U+3 or blockstring will keep the opponent guessing whether to poke out or not. If the opponent does anything after a blocked U+3 and you are doing U+3, 4, Air Dagger (Close), the last two hits will launch the opponent off the ground. Mainly mix it up between U+3 and U+3, 4, Air Dagger (Close) because the second hit of U+3, 4 will not launch if the opponent blocks the U+3 first. If the opponent does anything after U+3, 4 and you are doing U+3, 4, Air Dagger (Close), the dagger will hit and you can dash in for a blockstring.

D+1/D+3, Up/Down Slash Anti-Counterpoke
Cancelling a D+1 or D+3 into an Up/Down Slash makes Skarlet step back a little so the opponent's D+1 or D+3 will whiff. If they are waiting for the Down Slash, then that allows Skarlet to dash in for a blockstring after a blocked D+1 or D+3. EX Up Slash can also be used as it is only -7 on block. Using a normal Up/Down Slash is very risky because they can be full combo punished on block.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Here are mine:

101 series:
Ep1: General Concept of mixup
Ep2: Kung Lao pt1
Ep3: Kung Lao pt2
Ep4: Anti-Roller State Punishes
Ep5: Maximizing Damage with U3 BnBs & Meter fueling combos

Video Casts series:
Backdash advantage:
Uppercut reset
Anti D1 AA
Spacing (Range Check)
Understanding Pokes
I did remove the gameplay because they're more MU related than actually tech​

ryublaze

Noob
L0rdoftheFLY Eddy Wang

Are there any specific techs in those videos? Fly I know you talked about Up Slash after a Red Dash to catch them if they try to poke out, and I know Eddy has that jump kick dagger against anti-crossup D+1. I think a lot of you guys' videos can go in the Gameplay Discussion thread.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
L0rdoftheFLY Eddy Wang

Are there any specific techs in those videos? Fly I know you talked about Up Slash after a Red Dash to catch them if they try to poke out, and I know Eddy has that jump kick dagger against anti-crossup D+1. I think a lot of you guys' videos can go in the Gameplay Discussion thread.
errr...there is lots of stuff in there. whether you call it tech or not is your call.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
L0rdoftheFLY Eddy Wang

I would let:
Uppercut Resets
Roller State Punishes

The en Dagger cancel i will have to reformulate later.
The others can be removed if are more MU specific than tech.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
I was just playing around with Skarlet and found a corner reversal / direction change combo that ends in a reset, should grant decent frame advantage too. I don't know if you guys know this or not, but i figure i'll post it anyways...

[mid-screen] Jip, B2~Red Dash~Overhead Slash, 3~Red Dash~Upward Slash, 3~Red Dash~Upward Slash, 112 (38%)

You can probably get more damage too, i just haven't played around with it enough. The corner flip should occur after the first 3~Red Dash-Upward Slash if you do the 3 near the top of it's active hitbox.

EDIT: Turns out you can actually substitute out the second 3~Red Dash~Upward Slash for a U3~Air Dagger and it does 1% moe for a total of 39%.

AssassiN

Noob
I was just playing around with Skarlet and found a corner reversal / direction change combo that ends in a reset, should grant decent frame advantage too. I don't know if you guys know this or not, but i figure i'll post it anyways...

[mid-screen] Jip, B2~Red Dash~Overhead Slash, 3~Red Dash~Upward Slash, 3~Red Dash~Upward Slash, 112 (38%)

You can probably get more damage too, i just haven't played around with it enough. The corner flip should occur after the first 3~Red Dash-Upward Slash if you do the 3 near the top of it's active hitbox.

EDIT: Turns out you can actually substitute out the second 3~Red Dash~Upward Slash for a U3~Air Dagger and it does 1% moe for a total of 39%.
Yeah, it was known but under a different version. RedRaptor10 forgot to post it in this thread: