What's new

Match-up Discussion Sinestro VS Aquaman MU Help

Hi everybody i am Firebomber, Chilean MK and IGAU Player, actually my main is Sinestro and i feel the AQUAMAN MU almost impossible, here are my reasons, and i need some tips or advices.

1.- I am unable to play the vortex, because Aquaman´s trait.
2.- Unable to charge trait
3.- Slow movility of Sinestro.

Any advice or tip to play this MU? i feel this one like 8-2 or something

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
For the Sinestro match up, press right right, down down and A to select Killer Frost.
For the Aquaman match up, press right right, down down and A to select Killer Frost.

its 7-3 online and 6-4 offline.

the reason is that offline you can cancel your triat charge on reaction when you see a from the deep (FTD). online you cannot.

off the top of my head...
- play the game at b1 range or j2 range.
- do not play reaction based vs this character... you have to be proactive. force your trait charge jukes and bait out FTDs. punish accordingly
- you still get a vortex off this character but it is not shackles, j2 to whatever. you have to time your resets to hit just as shackles ends (j3, ax). aqua players usually mash out when shackles ends so you can always just block and punish d2
- you get a FREE FB CHECK AFTER A BLOCKED FTD. if you have a lead hold down back and check with fb. sneak in a max delayed fb and u will likly hit the dash in or next ftd. and you safe.
- never use meteor. ever. unless its to end the match with chip.
- you can anti air aqua j2 at the right range or whiff punish

its 6-4 and winnable.

Last edited:

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler

the reason is that offline you can cancel your triat charge on reaction when you see a from the deep (FTD). offline you cannot.

- do not play reaction based vs this character... you have to be proactive. force your trait charge jukes and bait out FTDs. punish accordingly
- you still get a vortex off this character but it is not shackles, j2 to whatever. you have to time your resets to hit just as shackles ends (j3, ax). aqua players usually mash out when shackles ends so you can always just block and punish d2
- you get a FREE FB CHECK AFTER A BLOCKED FTD. if you have a lead hold down back and check with fb. sneak in a max delayed fb and u will likly hit the dash in or next ftd. and you safe.

its 6-4 and winnable.
Don't listen to this guy, he is free to Killer Frost who is a bottom 5 character

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

the reason is that offline you can cancel your triat charge on reaction when you see a from the deep (FTD). offline you cannot.

its 6-4 and winnable.
offline you can offline you cannot
CAN I OR CAN'T I GODDAMNIT?!

:joker:

Thanks for the tips, specially to Pig, keep trolling new players, that make you very PRO, that remembers me when i play my 15 years old cousin.

Thanks for the tips, specially to Pig, keep trolling new players, that make you very PRO, that remembers me when i play my 15 years old cousin.
Its a hard matchup but just get life lead and then you can actually play the zoning game. Which needs reads and a lot of shackles

RIF

Noob
You can also punish a blocked FTD from about 1/2 screen away. I believe a blocked FB does more chip than a blocked FTD so if you can get a lead and turtle it out, you will force the AM player to come to you. Be very careful with Axe Of Terror spacing because AM's D2 can knock you out of it.

It's been a while since I have played a good Aquaman. :/

thanks, what do you think about the MU vs Raven, I think that its very very complicated, Aquaman and Raven are my nightmares, i dont use to counterpick, i want to play Sinestro vs all.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
You can also punish a blocked FTD from about 1/2 screen away. I believe a blocked FB does more chip than a blocked FTD so if you can get a lead and turtle it out, you will force the AM player to come to you. Be very careful with Axe Of Terror spacing because AM's D2 can knock you out of it.

It's been a while since I have played a good Aquaman. :/
blocked FTD does 2% chip while FB does 1.5 ish. MB fear blast does around 4.5.

The key to Aquaman is sitting outside his b1 range and charge trait. Canceling on reaction to any of his movements checking with b12 and FB. If you block FTD at this range you can get a free b13 punish. If he decides to be gimicky and cancel any string into scoop or FTD just d2 and it will launch him even if he traits allowing you to vortex. Using trait and d2 to antiair are key so he doesn't get free jump in checks. You can also MB B3 in between J2 and B2 if he decides to do that since B2 is so slow. It's pretty much a guessing game on both of your parts because if he does a j2 you can jump back air axe to beat out b12 (but this gets beat by b2). It's basically a series of paper rock scissors.

For the raven matchup you pretty much stay at the b12 range (same as Aquaman). Her normals have no range compared to yours and at this range you can punish soul crush on block with FB. Do your best not to stay at full screen because she wins at this range. If you get trait out you can do the boulder fearblast trait combo and that will make her respect your options.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Air Axe checks Aquaman fairly well and can hit him out of his godlike D2.

Regardless, fuck Sinestro amirite?