What's new

Strategy Sinestro options versus Killer Frost slide + frostbite/MB F3.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Ok, so after hearing some of the discussion in the MU thread by Pig regarding Killer Frost I went into the lab to rest some things out for the past two hours or so with the problems that I have been having with Killer Frost and her slide, Frostbite/MB F3 combo.

Here are some of my findings...

1. We all know that slide is a pain in the ass and with Frost Bite it is even worse due to not being able to poke your way out or even use Arachnid because you will get frozen.

2. Now, I have noticed that the people I play against almost always resort to slide than parry to be safe or if they want to go in for the kill they MB F3.

3. I have been using shackles after a blocked slide to negate the ice parry after wards and it has been working for me well.

However....

Killer Frost also has an Amazing F3. So that made me switch up my gameplay a little hit after getting whacked with F3.

In both cases of the Parry and the F3/MB F3 I've been relying on my own MB B3.

In both instances of the parry and F3 It works much better than shackles. However, you have to be careful of the MB F3 and also Parry.

When you do your MB B3, you have to hold it a wee bit longer until you absorb that hit of her MB F3 and she loses her hit of invincibility.

Now, I don't know how well this is going to work in a tournament setting with high level players but I'm hoping we can develop and evolve this a fair bit.

- Shackles can negate parry after blocked slide leading to full combo punish.

- Fear Blast works also against blocked slide when KF goes into Parry, but is more risky as she can just throw out another slide and catch you.

-MB B3 is a great option for both punishing F3 MB and Parry as long as you can hold that B3 long enough to absorb that hit of her F3, even if it is MB. Parry she is left wide open if you can avoid that little window that she has to freeze you.

I hope this helps us evolve some new stuff against her. It really is a guessing game but I have found myself finding more success with a delayed MB B3 against her than anything. Shackles are good if you see them parrying all of your moves after a blocked slide but MB B3 can catch both her MB F3 and Parry if down right.

Let me know what you think and discuss this bitch. =)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Ok, so after hearing some of the discussion in the MU thread by Pig regarding Killer Frost I went into the lab to rest some things out for the past two hours or so with the problems that I have been having with Killer Frost and her slide, Frostbite/MB F3 combo.

1. We all know that slide is a pain in the ass and with Frost Bite it is even worse due to not being able to poke your way out or even use Arachnid because you will get frozen.

2. Now, I have noticed that the people I play against almost always resort to slide than parry to be safe or if they want to go in for the kill they MB F3.

3. I have been using shackles after a blocked slide to negate the ice parry after wards and it has been working for me well.

However....

Killer Frost also has an Amazing F3. So that made me switch up my gameplay a little hit after getting whacked with F3.

In both instances of the parry and F3 It works much better than shackles. However, you have to be careful of the MB F3 and also Parry.

When you do your MB B3, you have to hold it a wee bit longer until you absorb that hit of her MB F3 and she loses her hit of invincibility.

Now, I don't know how well this is going to work in a tournament setting with high level players but I'm hoping we can develop and evolve this a fair bit.

- Fear Blast works also against blocked slide when KF goes into Parry, but is more risky as she can just throw out another slide and catch you.

-MB B3 is a great option for both punishing F3 MB and Parry as long as you can hold that B3 long enough to absorb that hit of her F3, even if it is MB. Parry she is left wide open if you can avoid that little window that she has to freeze you.

I hope this helps us evolve some new stuff against her. It really is a guessing game but I have found myself finding more success with a delayed MB B3 against her than anything. Shackles are good if you see them parrying all of your moves after a blocked slide but MB B3 can catch both her MB F3 and Parry if down right.

first off I really like you

but all i thought of when reading every line of your thread (so far) is "Suicide"

My Nuts are huge (see pig tricks w mileena) but they are no way large enough to block a slide then FB immediately which is what youd have to do since she can instantly d1 slide with zero consequences nor or they large enough to do shackles that are hella negative immediately after blocked slide which again d1 slide will beat out as well as her f3 i believe

GGA 16 Bit am i right?

Pig Of The Hut

What can frost do to punish D1-Arachnid?
Frost after a blocked slide can parry all sinestro options because she knows you have to be comitted to the game of suicide to try any of his options that would hit her out of her parry such as these full combo into reset tactics

shackles
fb
b3
b3 mb
f3
f3 mb
blocked d3
b2
f2
d1
arachnid
d2

The best option is throw but you must realize by doing this option she just back dashes and slides and youre back to square one with all the cards in her favor

She has zero reasons to respect sinestro

A strong solution is trait but good luck getting it against a frost constantly in your face

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
first off I really like you

but all i thought of when reading every line of your thread (so far) is "Suicide"

My Nuts are huge (see pig tricks w mileena) but they are no way large enough to block a slide then FB immediately which is what youd have to do since she can instantly d1 slide with zero consequences nor or they large enough to do shackles that are hella negative immediately after blocked slide which again d1 slide will beat out as well as her f3 i believe

GGA 16 Bit am i right?

I figure either way I am screwed TBH.

- If I block slide and go for D1 she can immediately parry and blow me up.

- If I block slide and go for shackles she can D1 into slide and blow me up.

- if I don't have meter and just just non-MB FB she can MB F3 into combo correct?

- MB B3 is about the only option we have at this point? Because MB Fear Blast is too slow to hit her twice and knock away that one hit of invincibility she had with MB F3.

Just trying to brain storm man. That's all.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Frost after a blocked slide can parry all sinestro options because she knows you have to be comitted to the game of suicide to try any of his options that would hit her out of her parry such as these full combo into reset tactics

shackles
fb
b3
b3 mb
f3
f3 mb
blocked d3
b2
f2
d1
arachnid
d2

The best option is throw but you must realize by doing this option she just back dashes and slides and youre back to square one with all the cards in her favor

A strong solution is trait but good luck getting it against a frost constantly in your face

A slightly charged MB B3 can catch her at the tail end of her Parry though and she can't really do much or am I having a stroke? Lol.

Pig Of The Hut

I figure either way I am screwed TBH.

- If I block slide and go for D1 she can immediately parry and blow me up.

- If I block slide and go for shackles she can D1 into slide and blow me up.

- if I don't have meter and just just non-MB FB she can MB F3 into combo correct?

- MB B3 is about the only option we have at this point? Because MB Fear Blast is too slow to hit her twice and knock away that one hit of invincibility she had with MB F3.

Just trying to brain storm man. That's all.
i love the brain storming, my mind is a hurricaine right now about that character but im probably just gonna use adam on her or pray zod has a Fire breathing Dragon as a projectile that could potentially melt her trash face from my character selection screen

mb b3 is a very bad idea because she can parry it into full combo so you lose 50-80% plus a bar

Pig Of The Hut

A slightly charged MB B3 can catch her at the tail end of her Parry though and she can't really do much or am I having a stroke? Lol.
stroke lol

I promise you im not trying to blow up your brain storming in any way, because if and when you do find the answer im going to praise you and make you a statue

LEGEND

YES!

shackles
fb
b3
b3 mb
f3
f3 mb
blocked d3
b2
f2
d1
arachnid
d2

throw is never an option in this game imo, its so god damn easy to tech, any situation that leaves you - all you have to do is put your finger on throw and be ready

i hate the throw system in this game with a passion

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
At least with throw if she back dashes she can't blow you up, she can't slide in time to punish the whiff. You're back to where you started but at least you're not getting bodied.

The best thing to do about a predicted parry is nothing then punish the whiff. It's not that hard if you practice.

I've got the most, radical, crazy and brainless idea here, but bear with me.

What if.....we used your Instant Axe of Terror tech? Insane, I know.

It does however:
beat out her parry
beat out her back dash
leaves you safe on block
Her B3 and F3 will beat it if meterburned. But at least she now has to spend a bar to get something off of a blocked slide.

Like you originally pointed out, you can get a B1, Shackles off the Instant Axe of Terror. The only problem is the massive grapefruits required. If you miss-time the AOT, you're ass is headed to the sky and eating a full combo on the way down.

Also, from what I mentioned back in the match up thread:

Turns you, you can stuff her slide on reaction from a little less than max distance with a simple 3. Depending on the distance, one of three things will happen:

1) She'll eat the full 9% from the 3 and get pushed back out to mid-screen.

2) She'll trade. You will take 7% and get knocked down but she'll take 9% and get pushed back to mid-screen.

3) You'll actually flipkick right over the slide and avoid all damage what so ever. You'll both be at pretty much neutral ground following the move

(You know we're desperate when it's already come to suggestions like this.)

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I remember that standing 3 was great against her slide.

It either: Trades, so no big loss. Hits her out of it or she goes under you.

Edit: Ninjad :oops:

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Be careful using mb f3/b3. If she mb parries it, she gets to hit your armor once before she starts her combo lol ... so add 7-11%

Paulo told me to my face
"mid tier"

i think he must have been trolling you. or maybe he means mid tier after the next balance update? i have played fighting games a long time and i have had some success in majors. in all of my experience i can tell you hands down that this character is S tier and among the top 3.

However....

a lot of these options are extremely unsafe man. raw shackles after slide? non MB fear blast after slide (also, they can just duck it and whiff punish).

i like you brain storming though. u just have to think "safe"