What's new

Match-up Discussion Sinestro Help

GreenLantern Ri

In Brightest Day...
I'll be the first to admit I'm no fighting game pro. I'm average to below at best, but I've blossomed to be decent in this game because I put in the time because I love the DCU and GL is my best character/favorite comic hero. In my circle of friends I'm doing alright with most matchups as GL but the one that always seems to have me on the losing end is Sinestro. Does anyone have tips how to beat him? What tends to happen is I'll get too far away and the zoning happens. I try to dash to avoid Sinestro asteroid and eat a fear blast, stop to block the fear blast and eat an asteroid. Really I just need some solid advice on how to advance safely on Sinestro zoning. Any suggestions?

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
You have to stay around jump range, but stay out of sweep range. If he throws any projectiles you get a free lift at that range, also if you see him make any forward dash or anything that looks fishy, you can B1 him on reaction. Its a free combo. You have to turtle him.

To safely get in on Sinestro, practice Dash blocking. Block a projectile, dash. Block a projectile, dash. If he hits you with a projectile, respect that, and block. You must be patient in this match up. This is the only way to get around his zoning. Sinestro out zones you but once your close, you can great hell for Sinestro. I hope this helped.

GreenLantern Ri

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Just gotta have patience with any zoners including Sinestro of course. Great advice above, make sure you never try to jump ahead while being zoned because you will eat a boulder (overhead so remember to block high or dash forward), watch his meter as he can meter burn his projectile for 2 extra. Almost all sinestros save their meter burn for these 2 attacks so be extra careful with this.

The good thing is that when you are close, bad sinestros usually don't know what to do under pressure and mix up games which green lantern has plenty of, against a good sinestro you want to make sure you don't do anything unsafe like any Lantern's Might while up close because a good sinestro will punish that with a 30-60% meterless combo (depends if their trait is active) that'll put you full screen again. You want to punish his B13, almost all his specials up close are punishable except the spider tentacle attack which is good to watch out for because it's extremely fast and efficient now with the recent buff.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
I'm taking a tally on what are the most asked for buffs, I will put them in order in another 1-2 days.
That way we agree as a whole flash community.

Answer to sinestro, outlame him. If you lose the start of the match and find yourself full screen do not panic, despite looks, without interactive he is the second worst Zoner in the game. Stay crouching till he makes a move, if he does any projectile at all you get one free dash and then go back to crouching. If you see him wave his hand down you should immediately stand block, then get one free dash in. Rinse and repeat till your in imba range and destroy him with endless 50/50 guesses. When you get really good at the matchup you can slow walk his retreat and use any twitch he does to instant crouch. basically you will win this battle cause you punish harder and faster.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I don't see how he is the second worst zoner in the game, with it without trait. He is arguable the best overall zoner right now since Deathstroke got his nerfs.

Meant without trait and interactives. against g.l its assumed your not going to get trait out since he can punish for 40%. And Nerfed d.s is still a stronger Zoner for the g.l matchup. The reason a lot of g.l players lose the matchup against sinestro is because they foolishly try to take back control of the zoning game like you can against raven and superman.
Also air turbine is usually suicide period, and g.l mb LM can not be wake up out of.

BTW not trying to completely trash the character, this thread was made for this person to learn how to beat his friend. Honestly I never lost to sinestro pre or post patch, only way I see him winning is if he gets the right corner of the tourney banned ferris airport
Would love to get more experience testing new theories and perfecting old strategies in this matchup, but hardly any good ones on ps3, and lag is usually the reason for any errors on their close range game and I don't like winning like that.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
I'll see if I can get some matches vs sinestros later today to post here, most sinestros i get matched against aren't too good though even in ranked.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Yea I haven't ran into a good Sinestro yet. Buddy of mine plays him but when we ran a set this weekend I pretty much bopped him til he switched to Deathstroke(still figuring that one out with GL,much easier with my Man of Steel). Like folks here have been saying just block properly and dash/creep in...once u get in just mix his yellow ass up and show him why he should've never left the Lantern Corps