What's new

Sindel ex reset 37%, anti wake up combo (new tech?)

Flagg

Noob
Hey guys, this may be old news, especially amongst some of the seasoned Sindel players, but she was an early character of mine and I dusted her off recently.

Well playing around with her in the lab, I found quite an interesting combo.

Jp, 44, 1, dash, 1, dash, 111, ex scream, jp, 44, near air fireball. This does 37% as the fireball at the end does not get added to the initial 29% BUT the character still takes damage. The fireball at the end CAN be blocked by they take an extra 2% chip or 8% if they don't block.

And the best bit, this combo puts the opponent into a stagger rather than knock down, so they cannot wake up. This also puts them at some distance from you. If you do the air far fireball, it will fly over them and they will be knocked to the floor.

I was performing this on Mileena and isn't she supposed to have a small hitbox? I would assume this would work on all the characters then.

If this is old news, then forget what I said, but I thought this was pretty interesting and for one bar, it's good damage and puts you at advantage, puts them away from you and prevents them from using a wake up move because they dont technically get knocked down and you can continue what ever pressure you like.

Flagg

Noob
Seapeople, have you managed to replicate it?

I have made a video on my phone which i'll update to YouTube in the morning as it is a bit late here and im probably going to sleep in a bit, so then you and Mr. Mileena will be able to see it in action.

I will say though, this is relatively easy to pull off, offline with practice, but nigh impossible to do online. I think im just going to jack in playing online all together soon.

Flagg

Noob
You could at least not waste the meter in the combo, just do 44, 1 scream.
Yeah I tried doing this without using meter but I cant land the scream.

I know it means using one bar, but for 37% (100% guaranteeing landing 8% fireball at the end) and nullifying the opponents ability to wake up, retaliate, it's not a bad use of meter. It pretty much pushes them full screen as well.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I don't have the game atm so I can't mess with it. Can't wait to see the possibilities though.
For the reset to work in any combo, do you just have to use 44 one time during the combo and a second time at the end?
And when the air fireball hits does it put you at about sweep distance?

Flagg

Noob
I don't have the game atm so I can't mess with it. Can't wait to see the possibilities though.
For the reset to work in any combo, do you just have to use 44 one time during the combo and a second time at the end?
And when the air fireball hits does it put you at about sweep distance?
Yeah something like that. I've tried this with other variations, other strings, normals but I just end up blasting the opponent in mid air (which isnt to say there arent other ways), where as with this, you hit them just before they hit the ground, staggering them. They cant block this either. It's like a strange double reset. A bit like how Cyrax has that double reset trap that the game registers as two combos, though it's really a long single combo.

When you do the second 44, naturally they dont launch as high and there's very little you can do except the instant air fireball. It has to be the near one, the far one travels over the opponent.

Flagg

Noob
Okay sorry, it looks as if the fireball at the end CAN be blocked. I've edited my first post. I was using this in the lab and everytime I switched to block halfway through, the comp wouldn't block, but playing this on expert ai, it seems the comp CAN block the fireball at the end.

Still, you get the 2% chip or the 8% if they dont block or try to wake up.

after watching the video, the pushback is too much, you're too far away to continue pressure, especially with her slow strings/normals

Flagg

Noob
I got a similar to that combo Flagg & Mr. Mileena.
44 1 yell jp 11 b2 close fball. Tried it yet?
Nice, 25% without the damage of the fireball if they dont block, giving 33% in all, without use of a bar either.

after watching the video, the pushback is too much, you're too far away to continue pressure, especially with her slow strings/normals
Yeah that's the thing. If you're fighting someone like Cage who you dont want to get in, then this is probably good, but if you want to be in someones face, it means you'll forgo that.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Always set the training dummy to roll,wake up and block. There's a sindel general strategy thread sticky. The first post has her anti wake up options which includes her air fireballs.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

im officially maining sindel....heres my bnb for her... 4 4 1 1 111 en scream (yes id rather sacrifice a meter to make sure i land the scream)...jip 111 levitate cancel....i tried many ways to follow up the scream...i wanted to see if sindel has a good rushdown and pressure and i think this is the way to go....111 levitate cancel after scream leaves you at +16....if your opponent decides to jump, back up or poke right away, you can hit them with 4 4 again and start the combo over...if you have trained them to block already after 111 levitate cancel, youll have a lot more options to mix up your next attacks....

(shout out Mr. Mileena for using sindel showing her off at texas showdown...id like to play u at psn one of this days and work on our sindels....my tag is flyflipboy05

im officially maining sindel....heres my bnb for her... 4 4 1 1 111 en scream (yes id rather sacrifice a meter to make sure i land the scream)...jip 111 levitate cancel....i tried many ways to follow up the scream...i wanted to see if sindel has a good rushdown and pressure and i think this is the way to go....111 levitate cancel after scream leaves you at +16....if your opponent decides to jump, back up or poke right away, you can hit them with 4 4 again and start the combo over...if you have trained them to block already after 111 levitate cancel, youll have a lot more options to mix up your next attacks....

(shout out Mr. Mileena for using sindel showing her off at texas showdown...id like to play u at psn one of this days and work on our sindels....my tag is flyflipboy05
The thing about 111 is that it pushes your opponent back, while your levitating down, which means you have to move in (dash)and lose frame advantage, so I avoid using it. I thought to myself, why am I not using 111, but i used it again and saw why. You're better of doing 2,1 levi cancel or f12 dash

but 4 4 hits even without dashing after 111 levi cancel hits....they have to block if they dont wanna get juggled again.... if they think you gonna dash and start poking....wouldnt you use b3 f2 to hit them while on their poke animation? (2 1 levi cancel is very poke-able, i play with tyrant every now and then and his reaction is insane....he pokes me out of it and if try to cross up after levi cancel he hits with me with a very well timed d1 lol)

but 4 4 hits even without dashing after 111 levi cancel hits....they have to block if they dont wanna get juggled again.... if they think you gonna dash and start poking....wouldnt you use b3 f2 to hit them while on their poke animation? (2 1 levi cancel is very poke-able, i play with tyrant every now and then and his reaction is insane....he pokes me out of it and if try to cross up after levi cancel he hits with me with a very well timed d1 lol)
2,1 is your best bet, leaves you at most +
But start playing mind games, he knows you're going to do 2,1

2,1 jails your opponent, so do 2,1 regular yell, and if they poke out, they will eat the yell and a combo, if they catch on, or you are not feeling risky, do 2,1 levi fireball, or 2,1 carthwheel, or if they respect to block, 2,1 levi cancel dash grab.

the yell looks like the levi cancel because of the purple light too, most of the time, people guess you're going to levi cancel, and just mash d1

DanCock

Cock Master!!
lol everytime im about to post some info Mr. Mileena beats me to it.. and hes starting to sound like me as well lol everyone follow what this man says he wont steer you wrong..

FYI nothing is guaranteed after a flight cancel on hit or block except for a --> ****Blocked 2~Flight cancel~111*** <-- that is the ONLY flight cancel where hits are guaranteed.. everything else can be ducked and poked out of so be wise with the Flight cancel mix ups..

all this stuff works vs noobs, so you start to think to yourself yaya i can do some "dirty" stuff like Kabals NDC. then when you face some one that knows how to stop it your world comes crashing down LOL.

No one has been able to out zone my sindel so ill add you as well and see what you got, you seem a little to confident lol

Seapeople

This one's for you
FYI nothing is guaranteed after a flight cancel on hit or block except for a --> ****Blocked 2~Flight cancel~111*** <-- that is the ONLY flight cancel where hits are guaranteed.. everything else can be ducked and poked out of so be wise with the Flight cancel mix ups..
She does have a couple other frame traps besides this one.
111~levi cancel on hit = Free poke, 44, 111, or throw attempt. Also a free 311 in the corner only.
311~levi cancel on block = Free poke or 111 in the corner only.
I've tested both of these strings a ton just to be 100% sure, and the frame data also supports it. Definitely can't be ducked and poked :/
21~levi cancel on block should also give you a free poke or 111 string.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
She does have a couple other frame traps besides this one.
111~levi cancel on hit = Free poke, 44, 111, or throw attempt. Also a free 311 in the corner only.
311~levi cancel on block = Free poke or 111 in the corner only.
I've tested both of these strings a ton just to be 100% sure, and the frame data also supports it. Definitely can't be ducked and poked :/
21~levi cancel on block should also give you a free poke or 111 string.
there's a Stagger after 111 on hit. 1 also hits high.

I also did all the math. Don't quote me on this cause i don't have the numbers in front of me (im on the toilet) But isn't 111 on hit +16? Then -19 for flight cancel so, she is now -3. How is anything a guaranteed hit?????

Seapeople

This one's for you
there's a Stagger after 111 on hit. 1 also hits high.

I also did all the math. Don't quote me on this cause i don't have the numbers in front of me (im on the toilet) But isn't 111 on hit +16? Then -19 for flight cancel so, she is now -3. How is anything a guaranteed hit?????
Haha it's alright :p
111 is +35 cancel adv on hit so that makes 111~levi cancel +16.
When you're at big advantage like that, strings that normally hit high will jail and act like mids. So 111 will hit mid as a follow up even against low hitbox characters.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Haha it's alright :p
111 is +35 cancel adv on hit so that makes 111~levi cancel +16.
When you're at big advantage like that, strings that normally hit high will jail and act like mids. So 111 will hit mid as a follow up even against low hitbox characters.
loll back on the toilet lol but yea I honestly don't trust the 111 Levi cancel. Only one I really follow up on always is 2 Levi cancel. The rest I don't trust at all.