What's new

Sindel/Cyrax

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
-MIDSCREEN - There are multiple ways to combo into a net midscreen (airborne):

1) Normal starter>scream, B23-net, etc. Just make sure you hit B23 at max distance, otherwise the net whiffs. This is VERY consistent. (After scream, DON'T do B2(levitate cancel), B23. The distance will mess up every time. Just walk forward and do B23.)

2) Normal starter>scream, F43, (dash), F4-net, etc. You can do B2(levitate cancel)ex-hairball as part of your combo starter, but the F43, (dash), F4-net part is difficult to land. This works in the corner too, but you can hit a standing F4-net in the corner (see below).

3) 2-bar throw starter>scream, B23-net

At the end of a long combo, sometimes I like to leave them standing so I can dash in for a 2-bar throw starter mix-up.

-CORNER

1) F4-net!!! This is EXTREMELY strong in this version of the game because the net drains their meter while you can set up a reset situation. After your combo starter and F4-net, you can DB3 and then DB4 and then set up a bomb while their still in a net. See here:

After F4-net and bomb setup (hold kameo button), I often like to B2(levitate cancel) to end the first combo and leave them in hit stun. On my way down from the levitate, I do 1-B4 for a guaranteed overhead/low/bomb combo starter. You can experiment and try other setups as well. You can throw them into the bomb:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Love this! I dabble with Sindel/Frost because I like the setup and having the ability to restand at ease between Ice Carpet and Scream but this team seems like it has a lot of the same noise and more

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Love this! I dabble with Sindel/Frost because I like the setup and having the ability to restand at ease between Ice Carpet and Scream but this team seems like it has a lot of the same noise and more
Thanks. :) I started MK1 with Sindel/Frost, but later switched to Cyrax. I started using this team before Cyrax's net was buffed (draining meter). The buff really made this team overkill, especially in the corner. I didn't think this buff was necessary but I'm happy to use it lol.

If they break a combo, they lose all their meter and you keep yours. If they take a net, they lose their meter anyway, can't break, and you get a full combo. It's a win/win. While their captured in a net, do DB3 to recover your kameo meter faster. You can also do a 2-bar throw into scream>net for the same result. For 100% unbreakable damage, you can 2-bar throw>scream>hairball or 2-bar throw>scream [pause for reset] throw.

I love the Sindel/Cyrax team. It's insanely strong in the corner and still quite good midscreen. Sometimes I struggle against strong zoners, so then I switch to Frost or Sektor. Sindel/Sektor has really great anti-zoning and strong hairball/missile combo extenders.

Last edited: