What's new

Since everyone is doing this...

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
I might as well introduce myself for those that are interested.

I've been a fan of Mortal Kombat for a good while now. I was introduced to Mortal Kombat 4 at a young age, and I really liked it. I've played the earlier versions as well, but not nearly as much. I came across Deadly Alliance, and bought it, enjoyed it. But I haven't really followed up on the series, have not played Deception and Armageddon etc.

When I caught wind of the reboot in 2010, I was excited, bought it on day 1, and I've played it extensively on the PS3. At first I wasn't keen on mastering it like pro's, I just wanted to play it for fun you know, nostalgia, and I thought it was an okay game. However, once I really got into it, and I got better, I started to enjoy it much more. The only problem is that I've gotten way too good, so I can't play any of my friends (who can't play). :D

Now I'm really looking forward to Mortal Kombat X (rarely get hyped about a game like I used to as a kid), I know I'll spend a good time on it (and I have way too much time), I think it'll be great. I pre-ordered the Premium Edition on PC (I don't have a PS4, not planning on getting one).

About joining TYM, I stumbled upon this site recently, it always has the latest on MKX, and I really wanted to vote in the polls so I couldn't resist :D. And now you can read my opinions, which is awesome.

Guess that's about all that needs to be said regarding my MK experience.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Welcome! Where are you from? Who's your favourite character(s)/main(s)? Do you just play on PC or are you on other platforms? Do you keep up with the MKX comics?

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
Thanks! I'm from Belgium. Favourite characters sort of depend on the game (and there are quite a few). My best characters in MK9 would be... (not in this particular order) Johnny Cage, Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, Nightwolf, Raiden, Ermac, maybe Sonya and Kratos... But I tried to master all, so I'd be able to hold my own with all, but those are the ones I'd go for when I encounter a pro. I've only played the DLC ones on PC though, and I only kind of know Kenshi from those.

For MKX I'm looking forward to Shinnok, Quan Chi, Goro, and Reptile, but again, I prefer mastering them all, and we'll just have to see who I play best. I'm reading the summaries of the comics online, but not the comics themselves.

Since I'm not planning on getting current-gen consoles, I'll be on PC only. But I have a PS2 and PS3.