What's new

Question - Hellfire Side/Pocket for Scorpion

Scorpion mains agree that using Ninjutsu and Hellfire, you can cover a good portion of the cast but Scorp still has bad match-ups where he can get rushed down. So, who is a good side character for him?

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
I think Jax is usually a good pocket due to the fact that it covers the D'Vorah and Johnny Match up pretty well as it is considered one of his main losing MU's or Liu Kang against Takeda which is a semi difficult mu for Scorp and does decent against D'Vorah and Johnny

I think Jax is usually a good pocket due to the fact that it covers the D'Vorah and Johnny Match up pretty well as it is considered one of his main losing MU's or Liu Kang against Takeda which is a semi difficult mu for Scorp and does decent against D'Vorah and Johnny
thanks for replying, dude. I think im going to with Liu Kang then, Jax is too difficult

omooba

fear the moobs
jax hands down
why is takeda a bad match up also y would liu kang do well against takeda i feel like he'd get mauled

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
If you are playing both variations there isn't a huge amount of characters you'll go less than 5-5 with. I'll go ahead and co-sign Jax who has a similar playstyle to Scorp and might be more enjoyable to play in some MUs. Sub Zero will be frustrating still for both characters but definitely not a losing MU for Ninjutsu just save meter for breaker

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
T
jax hands down

why is takeda a bad match up also y would liu kang do well against takeda i feel like he'd get mauled
Why Takeda can be considered a tough mu is due to him having a slight edge against Scorpion with range and neutral and hard to blockable though Ninjutsu handles this slightly better and lack of options against his frame traps as his armor isn't really that great. Liu Kang mauls Takeda as Takeda's biggest weakness is that he sucks against rushdown characters like Liu as his lack of good armor which is punishable and can be broken easily as Liu can break armor nicely and in DF has plus frame fbrc pressure while FF has good chip dmg against Takeda as Takeda can't really fight back and Liu has solid options against his pressure