What's new

Should NRS have fixed tag mode?

Purple Haze

Dojo Trainee
If you cast your minds back to before the game came out, the main hype was for the tag mode. Yet when the game was released, the mode was obviously broken and nothing was really done about it.

Consequently it never took off seriously, especially at tournament level.

I think this is a shame. It would have added to the game's life span and added variety at tournaments to have tag matches there. Other games are built around team play so it's certainly doable.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Tag mode's the only place where Scorpion would be considered broken. =P

I think there were just too many variables when combining moves of certain characters, especially Cyrax. Hell, even Kratos could be considered for a broken tag combo.

I honestly feel they should have. I mean, they put character specific animations on how each character got tagged out. If tag isn't viable, then it's a waste of money and time. In my opinion, if they don't address tag issues in mk10, then they shouldn't even bother putting it in their. That time could have been/ could be used to address other issues in single player.

Not only that, they did address some tag issues that got patched out. Not like it made a huge difference, because most still consider it broken. I'm not saying I don't like tag, hell I wanted more tourneys of it too. :(

Espio

Kokomo
Tag mode was not a waste of time, even though it is broken, it's like saying babalities, Test Your Luck, etc are a waste of time because they don't add to the the game's tournament viability..it has irs purpose for casual fun games and its four player elements for having MK group matches.

It might not be tournament viable, but not a waste, it adds to the replay values and multiplayer component of this game.

I'm obviously all for future balances to make it tournament viable though and believe they should havve fixed it.

I got a lot out of it personally.