What's new

Should MK add air normals?

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Should bee incorporate air normal like the ones in injustice?

My take is that they should keep the universal ones like in mk9. But add different inputs. For example...
Jade could jump and press d2 in the air and nightwings j2 comes out instead of a normal mk jp or like scorpion could press jump d3 and his injustice j3 comes out. If they incorporate this I ithink almost every character should have one unique air normal.
Do you guys like the idea?

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
I guess I don't know what you mean by "air normals"...

I mean, most, if not all, characters can combo off and air-to-air 1 just fine

What he's saying is that each character in MK10 should have the same standard jump in punch/jump in kick just like MK9, however certain characters should also have special moves specifically for them done in the air as a normal instead as a special.

Meh, that doesn't sound very MK to me

I guess I don't know what you mean by "air normals"...

I mean, most, if not all, characters can combo off and air-to-air 1 just fine
I think he meant in MK9 everybody more or less has the same air attacks, whether it be a jump punch or jump kick. In Injustice every character has unique jumping attacks with different properties.

NKZero

Noob
Let MK be MK. But I have been wondering whether MK10 could bring back weapon and h2h styles as they did in the 3D games. I'd rather not but it wouldn't be something I was definitively against. Maybe it will give the stance change button a use for once lol.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I don`t support the addition of any new mechanics in MK that make air attacks more effective. It`ll just make the game more jump based. You want Scorpions Jump3 from Injustice to be part of his gameplay in an MK game?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You guys have to stop giving Ed Boon, Paulo and Hector ideas about gameplay mechanics, see what is happening in injustice!

The MK universal mechanic is fine we don't need air strings or pushblock, interactibles, air dashes, back to block, corner escape, we have:

Block button
Dash (that can be canceled anywhere, with a normal, special or blocking)
D3 under projectiles and crossups
Armor
FP, BP, FK, BK
JK and Jp
NJP
Throw
ia Projectiles
Meter Drain
Enhanced Specials
Breakers
X-Ray
1st hit bonus
Meter built slightly from specials
Meter built greatly by blockstrings
wakeup attacks
Enhanced wakeup attacks

The things i see positively adding to the MK10 mechanic only, is:

Run Button
Corner push (to minimize corner damage)
Tradictional Roundhouse moves
Very short stage transitions
NJK that combo from it like in Injustice (which is a UMK3 mechanic or a SF Mechanic)
Brutalities (as finishers, not as a comeback factor.)
X-Ray II

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I don`t support the addition of any new mechanics in MK that make air attacks more effective. It`ll just make the game more jump based. You want Scorpions Jump3 from Injustice to be part of his gameplay in an MK game?

Then they need to start handing out air invincible dragon punches.