What's new

Should I divide my videos into segments?

Should I divide my videos into segments?

• Total voters

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Months ago, the fifteen-minute limit to my Youtube videos was removed, so that my uploads can be as long as I wish. Thus, whenever I make a video, I don't bother dividing it into multiple parts...I just upload the whole thing. Take, for instance, my two-hour series of Sonya mirrors with Mr_Sl3go. I put up the whole thing without splitting it.

There have been concerns raised about how some viewers apparently can't handle watching videos or they find themselves watching part of it and then coming back and having to rewatch the whole thing. I personally fail to see why people have difficulty watching videos for long periods of time, 'cause I have no issues with that myself, but we're all different people with different preferences.

I don't want to risk turning off any viewers with long videos, so I ask you all: should I divide my videos into segments? This will double as a poll thread for you to give your opinions.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
well, if people are lazy and don't feel like OK watching a 15+ minutes video .....

In other hand, if absorving knowledge is the key, and wasting 15 minutes in front of a youtube video, where this video has enough info and detail that can "catch" people attention, so, it's another story ....

Depends if people end to think that the subject is being "boring" or repetitive

What could be a turn off for some, could not be for others, hehe :D

Personally, I hate to see a video divided in , for example, 17 parts, and when I am watching a part, and try to search for the next one, this damn part does not exist, or , is not listed along with the previous one, or, you have to try to do a manual search in youtube bar .... so, if the subject is long and interesting, I would rather a full video.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Only one vote...?

Any chance you guys can step it up? I really need your feedback.

[MENTION=2268]yautjared[/MENTION] - thank you for the advice.

AU_SUCK

MEOW
It's not like you can't fast forward a Youtube video....Leave it one video, and if they don't like it they can cry you a river. I personally would love to have a tear river named after me.

Enenra

Go to hell.
I like your videos just one long set. If it's you and one other player, I like that to be one video. When you switch opponents, make it another video. Just my two cents as a frequenter of your page :)

aj1701

Warrior
Breaking videos into segments means you're not spending time making more videos, and that would be a shame. :)

I'm going to leave mine as a single video as well, I like it as it keeps the flow going. You can pause it and come back later, or not the time and fast forward.