What's new

Question - Liu Kang Should B2 (and 22) overheads be punishable on block?

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Liu Kang's B2 is his only long ranged normal that helps him keep neutral game. This overhead is already punishable enough on whiff cause of insane recovery, why make it punishable on block also? I think instead of -11 it should be -7 or -8 on block.

As for 22... I guess I simply don't see any reason for his knockdown overheads being punishable on block when they are so much punishable on whiff already.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Liu kang has f213 at neutral,has a 6frame high,and a 9 frame mid armour breaker,he doesn't need a safe overhead,that's why!
F1 has a very short range and easily pokable by d3 and d4, especially since it is high.

Pretty much everything you brought up has a very short range, accept for the last attack in F213, which can be jumped over and whiff punished, makes it not the best tool for neutral game in my opinion.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
F1 has a very short range and easily pokable by d3 and d4, especially since it is high.

Pretty much everything you brought up has a very short range, accept for the last attack in F213, which can be jumped over and whiff punished, makes it not the best tool for neutral game in my opinion.
I spoke with numbers,if you mean you'd like some thing like Cassie's b1,or d vorah's f1 then yes he hasn't these kind of normals,he has other staff like great zoning and pressure together which is rare.....but this is an endless conversation so just deal with it!

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
I spoke with numbers,if you mean you'd like some thing like Cassie's b1,or d vorah's f1 then yes he hasn't these kind of normals,he has other staff like great zoning and pressure together which is rare.....but this is an endless conversation so just deal with it!
To be honest, safe B2 would be more than enough for me. It has a great range and knockdowns the opponent to meet him with further pressure or bait wake up.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Every character who plays at 50-50 should be punishable when the low or the overhead are blocked.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
No because he can already check you with lows for days, probably the the point where you may aswell consider his b2 an unblockable. Besides, who's punishing you for B2 100% of the time for anything worth while?

It's got alot of pushback as it is.

omooba

fear the moobs
Anyone who blocks high against Liu Kang deserves to punish B2.
i agree 100% with this
almost every character has a long range move that's safe on block. and let's not forget that lui kang has no 50/50 into a combo while most of these other characters do
Liu Kang's B2 is his only long ranged normal that helps him keep neutral game. This overhead is already punishable enough on whiff cause of insane recovery, why make it punishable on block also? I think instead of -11 it should be -7 or -8 on block.

As for 22... I guess I simply don't see any reason for his knockdown overheads being punishable on block when they are so much punishable on whiff already.
i do think it should be punishable cus that's an insane read to block but i also think he should have an advancing safe move. maybe if db2 was a lot faster that would make up for it

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
No because he can already check you with lows for days, probably the the point where you may aswell consider his b2 an unblockable. Besides, who's punishing you for B2 100% of the time for anything worth while?

It's got alot of pushback as it is.
100% this.