What's new

Tech Shazam's teleport/invisibility glitch

Has anybody else noticed this?

• Total voters

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
Freedom Pilot took note of this and showed it to me. I'm not sure if you guys have seen it before but after teleporting with shazam (e.g. mercury storm), if you dash forward he goes over the character "like a ghost". According to Freedom, it has something to do with his teleport-dash frames. Let me know what you guys think of this.

Original video

@MILE_HIGH_CLUB
@AK Harold

KC H0oKsw0rds

iK A B A L
I think most Shazam mains know this. You can do setup combos that end in 112 forward tele and then back dash through the opponent for a side switch and hopefully catch them off guard for a command grab attempt. This ability of Shazam to side switch with a dash through also occurs after a MB AT. After the torpedo, dash up 3 times quickly, and the third one will cross them over for an oki.

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
I think most Shazam mains know this. You can do setup combos that end in 112 forward tele and then back dash through the opponent for a side switch and hopefully catch them off guard for a command grab attempt. This ability of Shazam to side switch with a dash through also occurs after a MB AT. After the torpedo, dash up 3 times quickly, and the third one will cross them over for an oki.
Yeah I think I'seen that; isn't that what they call corpse-hop? (I might be wrong) but I think this is a little different like it's not after a hard knockdown. I'm not exactly sure what you can do with this however

MILE_HIGH_CLUB

FREEDOM'S LABORATORY
I played many decent Zams but never do this I know after mb torp you can dash threw. But to just dash threw your opponent facing you I haven't seem it?

MILE_HIGH_CLUB

FREEDOM'S LABORATORY
Thanks for the tag, this has been seen before I think??
But i'm not sure, I'm sure I've heard about this but I never saw any proof so this is nice to finally see it is a rather odd one but does the other character need to be completely still for it to work?
Not really if your spacing is right at the end of his teleport just dash . If your opponent is moving fwd or backward it's all about spacing and creating a new type of footsies

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Not really if your spacing is right at the end of his teleport just dash . If your opponent is moving fwd or backward it's all about spacing and creating a new type of footsies
Right okay then good, I do remember hearing about this quite a while back but I caught wind of videos or a post :p

KC H0oKsw0rds

iK A B A L
Thanks for the tag, this has been seen before I think??
But i'm not sure, I'm sure I've heard about this but I never saw any proof so this is nice to finally see it is a rather odd one but does the other character need to be completely still for it to work?
No problem. I wanted to see what could be made of this. Like mile high club said, you'd need very good spacing and footsies to use this. It's not like they're going to stand still the whole time. I think it has to do with the invincibility properties of Shazam's hitbox when he reappears. If you can get it to overlap the opponent you may be able to choose which side you land on.