What's new

Tech Shazam Tech by Sao

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Stuff you should be doing with Shazam but most likely are not. Beginner concepts along with new advanced strategy's in this video.

The more advanced stuff is towards the end. I wanted to get some critical Shazam info for people new to shazam as well.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Good overall tips. Would have helped me if I was learning the guy.

A few things though, after a MB HM, it might be best to do B3, J3, D3 instead of B3, J2, 112 torpedo. It ends with a D3 so you get those set ups rolling again.

And the 22 HM and AC isn't a true mix up because your opponent can backdash and escape both. In that event, the true mix up is 22 AT or 22 HM.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Good overall tips. Would have helped me if I was learning the guy.

A few things though, after a MB HM, it might be best to do B3, J3, D3 instead of B3, J2, 112 torpedo. It ends with a D3 so you get those set ups rolling again.

And the 22 HM and AC isn't a true mix up because your opponent can backdash and escape both. In that event, the true mix up is 22 AT or 22 HM.

Oh yea I definitely agree and end a lot of my pressure combos with d3 for the j2, 22 pressure. A lot of the time you will see me doing combos that accommodate what I am trying to explain so I would definitely recommend looking up ways to maximize your potential as you've sort of hit on.

112 xx torpedo just happened to be my go to ender at that point in time on the second half of things because I didn't want to drop things and have to re-record stuff. Only thing I can think of to justify the 112 xx torpedo ender is if you have trait up and you want to meter burn the torpedo for a set up.

Also I thought about putting the 22 xx torpedo in the video but just never got around to it. That would be the option in response to someone who knows how to back dash the 22 xx grab pressure.

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
I like doing 112 torpedo if it puts me in place for an interaction. It's also one of the more consistent combo enders, but the untechable knockdown is the best way to go.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I like doing 112 torpedo if it puts me in place for an interaction. It's also one of the more consistent combo enders, but the untechable knockdown is the best way to go.

Yeah, it all depends on situations and who you're facing. If its someone with great wake ups, then the spacing of the torpedo might be better. If its someone who can't do much then the D3 might be better.

Its all about evaluating and assessing during the match.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Its all about evaluating and assessing during the match.
This.
You respond based on your opponents wakeup game plan.

Edit: on topic - nice strategy vid, gives beginners a variety of options when opponent is knocked down.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
This.
You respond based on your opponents wakeup game plan.
Yea, this video started as a basic project. Just wanted to show off some mix ups i was using to help evolve people past the cookie cutter shazam. Then it turned into me feeling obligated to explain intricacies in case new people were watching and didnt understand.