What's new

Question Shazam starting high 8 out of 12 strings?

DirtyBoy

Noob
I was and still am interested in Shazam. I understand his special moves add alot to his kit but how do you guys feel about 8 of his 12 string starting high? If it's a tradeoff for thow mixups I personally think they went a little too far. Take superman for example- no command throws but doesn't start any strings high, has good rushdown, is safe on block 90% of the time, air dash/projectile, better trait imo, good zoning, good chip dmg on zoning, has a number of ways to knock you back to a comfortable zoning distance, and according to the strategy guide his supermove is the fastest punish in the game. So we get command throw mixups and tele torpedo crossups at the expense of getting outclassed in every other facet of life? lol. I would love to see changes made to his movelist in the next patch. I think if they did that he would be in a good place. However I'm not a fighting game expert by any means and maybe the reason for this was well thought out after all. Anyway is only having 2 or 3 strings you dont have to worry about them ducking under a big con or a small one?

I'm no pro and I am very accepting of the fact that I may be incorrect or missing something entirely. Please inform me if I am. Ty in advance for all answers

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Here's how I feel about it, the high strings are bait to trick them into thinking it would be wise to stay low. If they stay low, Shazam actually gets more potent.

Please start crouching... I beg you to crouch... whats that??? you want to crouch??? Now I not only get low grab opportunities, I get overheads all day long, f3 and meter burn f3 are great, b2, f21, I get all my dirt once they start going low.

Playing against Shazam you can't just block high all the time either or 22 will jail into high grab, and he can do block string stuff with his moves that have fast startup like 11 and b12. They have to guess the 50/50's.

Momentum

Proud owner of the briefcase hitbox
I feel like it's irrelevant. Shazam is 9 frame mid knee tier =D

Also please don't ask for buffs for this character... Shazam is stupid good. People need to stop thinking that frame advantage is the only form of pressure in this game.

DirtyBoy

Noob
Oh I understand now, I couldn't figure out why no one else was complaining lol. Feelin kinda dumb for not seeing that. Anyway thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I feel like it's irrelevant. Shazam is 9 frame mid knee tier =D

Also please don't ask for buffs for this character... Shazam is stupid good. People need to stop thinking that frame advantage is the only form of pressure in this game.
22 has good range too.