What's new

Tech Shazam neutral jump crossover

I was in the lab with Shazam and came across this interesting crossup. In order for this to occur you need to land two f3's in a juggle (or a b3 and then a f3 for the untechable knockdown). The

You need to hit the 2nd f3 after the mb hm as early as possible, you can then choose which side the opponent will wake up on depending on how long you delay the neutral jump. The only drawback is that you will commonly only be able to get this state from a f3 or b3 juggle starter, unless using interactables as part of your juggle. Plus it does not appear to work on big characters (lex, bane, doomsday)

Obviously this all depends on matchups etc but at least its one more option for Shazam to utilise :)

*Edit*

Added another video including combos to lead into this using the environment.
Also forgot to mention but because you are right next to the opponent and they are knockdown for so long, you have enough time to activate trait and go for a raw hm before they can jump out. Some wakeups will beat this as you know.

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
He has a similar neutral jump cross-up if you do a d3 dash in netrual jump. It's more ambiguous in the corner though. Very nice tech though.

Sorry I should have put Midscreen in the title as well lol. I went back through the general discussion thread and found a post about D3 having the same properties on page 12, but the video was removed. I understand that you need to hit the D3 and then dash in neutral jump. The difference is with this, because you are right next to the opponent and they are in an untechable state for so long, you have enough time to activate trait and go for a raw hm mb before they can jump out. Depending on if your opponent wake up attacks etc.. Or you can go for the neutral jump option. I'll definitely be trying out the d3 option along with this. Thanks for that.