What's new

Question Shazam - Achilles Clutch help please

Does anybody have any combos that lead into the Achilles Clutch? I know F3 leads into it but I was hoping you guys might know a few other combos I don't know about.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
The f2,2,3 timing is very strict. I'm avoiding that one for the time being, but I'm loving everything else after messing in the lab with him for a bit now.

In Practice Mode, I can't grab the computer if I stand right next to them and input Achilles Clutch? I can do it if the opponent is in the air....can he not grab standing opponent?

Also, how do you Shazam players deal with zoners like Green Arrow and Deathsroke?

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
you can only get achilles clutch if they are ducking or in a combo. f223, 2 xx achilles clutch will work too

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Honestly I don't use it unless they're blocking low or i'm deep into a combo anyway.

Really what you need to do is knock them down with D3 and cross over into f22 herculean might etc. you know the combo...

But if they begin to catch onto you crossing over and start low blocking then when you cross over to go into f22 you can cancel into achilles clutch ex f223 herculean might or something, I haven't tried out many 1 bar combo's that start or pretty much begin with achilles clutch.

I'll work on some tonight and see what I can find (Provided Lobo isn't out on Xbox tonight)
Contact me on Xbox live if anyone needs some Shazam help or tips or just some matches then my GT is - ZigZagGamer95 I play Shazam, Green Arrow & Catwoman.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
In Practice Mode, I can't grab the computer if I stand right next to them and input Achilles Clutch? I can do it if the opponent is in the air....can he not grab standing opponent?

Also, how do you Shazam players deal with zoners like Green Arrow and Deathsroke?
You can't achilles someone who's standing, only crouched players.
with the right timing you can use it in air though yes ^_^

Green arrow is easy to break into, use shazams teleport, it sucks because of start up frame so it's not at all advisable against Deathstroke as he can shoot you out of it, but you can teleport GA's arrows easily with correct timing.

Also you can throw back Zues bolts, they do more damage than his arrows, and if he starts ducking low throw an EX one to let him know you can still hit him, it's 13% on hit & 5% on chip, so timed right you can hit GA when he's shooting an arrow.

DeathStroke however i'm not 100%, You just need to break into his zoning by dashing low blocking until you're in there, he will try to knock you back with that forward spinning blade, if you block it he's -20 and you can begin your pressure which DS struggles to repel and you're likely to demolish him then.