What's new

Tech - Shaolin Shaolin EX-Low Chakram Hurtbox

Solignac

Noob
I'm not a Kung Jin player, I usually play Jason and Quan Chi but this happened to me while playing a friend of mine so I decided to test it a little bit.

It looks like the chakram counts as a hit on it's way back to Kung Jin's side, and it counts as a low hit. Timing your punish wrong will lead to getting hit by the chakram. You can still punish, for sure, you just have to be mindful of what attack you are using. This still has the normal hitstun the ex low chakram has so it has the potential for a follow up punish as it would normally i.e NJP into whatever. In this case, Kung Jin recovers slightly faster than Jason even though Jason landed the b12

I haven't tested this extensively nor do I know if this is already known, but I'm sure thing can create problems for other characters with teleports (Kung Lao teleporting and touching the ground in order to do a full combo punish).

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
This is one of the Problems i know and thank you for making this Video.
The second one is that the EX Chac sometimes whiffs completely on return (it happened to me ~2 weeks ago in a Tournament where the EX Chac did just pass by Sub while returning ... like he wasnt even there).

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Well the thing is the hurt box remains active until it is put back onto its holster.

When the Chakram comes back to him and he puts it on his holster, the natural movement actually has a backwards hit box since he has to pull it back a little to fit it onto the holster.