What's new

Shang Tsung's Shapeshifting

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Shape shifting became pointless once they got away from the old games and you couldn't do it with every character anymore. He has plenty of his own moves so he really doesn't need the shape shifting to make him a fun character to use anyway. I mean if you want to play as sub-zero just pick him, don't pick shang and then switch to him.
Good point. That's another reason why I think it'd be cool to have him shift into non-roster characters.

Colares

Noob
Shape shifting became pointless once they got away from the old games and you couldn't do it with every character anymore. He has plenty of his own moves so he really doesn't need the shape shifting to make him a fun character to use anyway. I mean if you want to play as sub-zero just pick him, don't pick shang and then switch to him.
In umk3 his shapeshifting is not that good. His base character sucks and due to the speed of the game and morphing limitations it's better to straight up pick other character. While in MK9 with the damage buff the mirror match is always in Shang's favor forcing a strong mind game that a simple mirror doesn't have.

I have been reading how people are doubting that ST would be in the game because his Shapeshifting gimmick and the kustom variations system aren't compatible. That got me thinking, what if instead of shifting into his opponent, we could have him shift into characters not on the roster.
Not sure if it would be feasible, but it would be freaking awesome, in my opinion.
Thoughts?
People can have Quan Chi without actually having Quan Chi.