What's new

Shang Tsung Variations/Strings & Specials discussion

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Nice breakdown. Hopefully it’s just 2 variations. It could be a bunch of moves that aren’t in either variation.

Lokheit

Noob
The most interesting part IMO is that they show on the same battle the 4 ninja transformations, so either some (or all) are base moves or they made a special build to show all of them at the same time.

Gaxkang

Banned
The most interesting part IMO is that they show on the same battle the 4 ninja transformations, so either some (or all) are base moves or they made a special build to show all of them at the same time.
I bet it was a special build to do hype.

The ninja stuff is probably divided in half...where you have access to 2 ninjas in a tourney variation.

His copy who he's fighting will be an equippable move I bet.

Lokheit

Noob

The ninja stuff is probably divided in half...where you have access to 2 ninjas in a tourney variation.

Personally I think copying the opponent would be base move. I agree that probably all the ninjas are separate kustoms and the trailer build was special, it would be weird if some were base and others weren't.

LewsLyf

Noob

I did think this at one point but I really do think they will keep all 4 ninjas in tourney variation.

LewsLyf

Noob
Nice breakdown. Hopefully it’s just 2 variations. It could be a bunch of moves that aren’t in either variation.
Thanks man. Yeah hopefully & I reckon that would be such a shame if most of the moves aren't in either variation

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
My prediction on tournament variations are

Variation 1: Soul Steal and nothing else, Soul Steal itself looks like it will have nice range on it.

Variation 2: The four Ninja set as seen in the trailer. Perhaps Smoke and Ermac come together for one slot or maybe Rain is a base move, but I really doubt the combination is impossible. They don't need to try extra hard to make this character hype.