What's new

Shang Tsung speculation

Lun

proud TERF!
Shang Tsung and Raiden have always been my favorites. But, while I've got plenty of Raiden both in MK10 and even Injustice 2, I haven't played Shang Tsung since MK9!

So all those rumors about Shang Tsung being in MK11 have me really hyped. To the point that if it turns out he actually isn't in the game, I'll be so very disappointed.

What are your speculations? Do you think he definitely will be in the game? With all this talk about Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa playing him, do you think it'll happen?

As for me, all I want his for Shang Tsung to 1) look Asian; 2) be available both as young man and as an old man.

It'd be awesome if he could also shapeshift, but it looks like the technology to allow me to do that hasn't been there since the 2d era.
Imagine if in his custom variations you could decide one or two characters he'll be able to turn into during the match.

Gerchap

Noob
I wouldn’t be worried, Shang Tsung will be in this game for sure he’s just an important and a favorite character. I have a feeling that he will be DLC just to make people spend more money, I’d buy him for sure

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I wouldn’t be worried, Shang Tsung will be in this game for sure he’s just an important and a favorite character. I have a feeling that he will be DLC just to make people spend more money, I’d buy him for sure
Sincerely hope that he's on the base roster... Shang deserves to be a part of this story.

Like, I just wanna know what he does in a universe where the ruler of Outworld isn't a massive asshole, the ruler of the Netherrealm is Liu Kang who has nothing but contempt for him, and the protector of Earthrealm is Dark Raiden. Who the fuck does he ally with? Dark Raiden almost seems like the most logical choice, which is in itself nutty.

At the same time, we've had so many face-heel turns already (all the Revenants, Dark Raiden), wouldn't it be rad if he went "good" by serving Kotal Kahn?

So many possibilities. Such an exciting character.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think he has a big chance of being in, and honestly, if he is, this is going to be one of the best MK rosters especially if human smoke makes it in.

vapid

cyber warlord
If there's going to be an unlockable in MK11, it's got to be Shang.

There's so much foreshadowing of him... he has to be in.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
MK 11 is the game where I’d like to see every previous character cause now they give them personality and show their character during fights ( Kano spits, Cage is Cage, Kabal uses his swords etc.)
I’m sure Tagawa plays him

Agilaz

It has begun
At first I was very hopeful for his inclusion AND his portrayal by CHT.

However as the weeks go by, I'm losing hope. At this point I would be content with him being DLC, with or without Cary's performance.

LeoMK29

Noob
Some a y’all way too confident that he’s in :confused: I mean I hope Mileena is in but I’m making back up plans if she is not so I’m not that disappointed

Lun

proud TERF!
Some a y’all way too confident that he’s in :confused: I mean I hope Mileena is in but I’m making back up plans if she is not so I’m not that disappointed
Well, let's say that with so many hints and so much hype about him being in MK11, I will be particularly disappointed if he's not....

Pizza

Thrill Kill
It would be extremely dumb to feature his island and not him. Plus, this is probably the Nethership:

And even if some NERD tells me "a lot of characters can steal souls", soul stealing is like Shang Tsung's trademark!

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
It would be extremely dumb to feature his island and not him. Plus, this is probably the Nethership:

And even if some NERD tells me "a lot of characters can steal souls", soul stealing is like Shang Tsung's trademark!
He can steal only one soul at a time
This looks like Ermac or new Soulnado

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I'm thinking Shang is going to be a DLC character.
Regardless if he's DLC or unlockable though there's absolutely 0% chance he's not going to be playable in this game.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
The chances are very high that he will be in the game.
Bonus points for NRS if:
  • He's voiced by Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa and looks like him too
  • He has old and young skin (MK1 movie could be one of the young skins & MK Legacy one of his older skins)
  • I understand the difficulty in having him be able to transform into anyone on the roster regardless of who he's fighting, so I'll be happy with the same transformation mechanic as MK9
  • He says "It has begun", in Cary Tagawa's voice of course

Reactions: Lun