What's new

Shang Tsung morph select?

Jamison

Noob
Is there a way to change into whomever you want kinda like MK 2?

We all remember the old commands:

Liu Kang: Back, Forward, Forward, Block.
Kung Lao: Back, Down, Back, High Kick.
Johnny Cage: Back, Back, Down, Low Punch.
Reptile: (Use Block) Up, Down, High Punch.
Sub-Zero: Forward, Down, Forward, High Punch.
Kitana: Block, Block, Block.
Jax: Down, Forward, Back, High Kick.
Mileena: Hold High Punch for 2 seconds and release.
Baraka: Down, Down, Low Kick.
Scorpion: (Use Block) Up, Up.
Raiden: Down, Back, Forward, Low Kick.

Was hoping you could do this in MK 9.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
Nope, sorry man. There's no way to morph into whoever you want. It would be too OP if you ask me, seeing as in THIS game, Tsung gets a pretty good damage boost when he changes. If I could morph into anyone at any time, I would stop playing my main characters, and just use Shang to make my combos do more damage. Know what I mean? I guess that's what makes the "boss shang tsung" a little scarier .

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
I don't think it's technically feasible without crazy mid match load times.

Boss Shang can morph at will, but will never turn into more than 3 other characters (and your character will be one of the 3).

In Tag Ladder, he can turn into either of the characters on your team, plus one more.

Apparently 4 characters is the most they were able to fit into memory. So unless they let you pick your morphs before the match or something, they couldn't do it even if they wanted to.

EDIT: Does Boss Shang get a damage boost when he morphs without using soul steal? I can't remember...

Altaire

Noob
I don't think it's technically feasible without crazy mid match load times.

Boss Shang can morph at will, but will never turn into more than 3 other characters (and your character will be one of the 3).

In Tag Ladder, he can turn into either of the characters on your team, plus one more.

Apparently 4 characters is the most they were able to fit into memory. So unless they let you pick your morphs before the match or something, they couldn't do it even if they wanted to.

EDIT: Does Boss Shang get a damage boost when he morphs without using soul steal? I can't remember...
I'm not 100% sure, but I think he does. It's been awhile.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
I'd be fine with having three characters (opponent, and two randomly selected by the computer) as long as I knew which was which. Perhaps little icons below my Shang Icon showing who my three options are.

Ankaku

Noob
I can just see people picking shang just to transform into raiden and kung lao to get the damage boosts all match long

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I think a morph select is feasible provided that they get rid of the damage boost and increase the time morphed. As of right now the damage boost doesn't mean much because you opponent just has to play it safe for five seconds. And yes, boss Shang gets a damage boost whenever he morphs.