What's new

Shang Tsung Combo- Need Help, cant pull it off

Hi guys,
I have been trying to do this combo for a while but cannot pull it off. I dont even know if I am using the right inputs but Ive pulled off all the hits except the soul steal at the end which leads me to think that I must be off somewhere. Check out the link and go to 31:50 of the stream. The combo is a shang juggle that looks what I believe like this.

F3,4 db4, df4, EXdf4. db2, du4, soul steal. I have tried countless times playing with timing etc but cant pull the whole thing off.

But I am not 100% that those are the inputs. Love the combo but cant figure it out.
Any help?

http://www.justin.tv/iplaywinner/b/288411924?utm_campaign=archive_embed_click&utm_source=www-cdn.justin.tv

Thanks
---
PSN-coconutandrory

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I could be wrong, but I'm not sure if that combo even works any more since the last patch. I'm sure someone knows for sure, though. And I think the EX input you're looking for is EX d,d/b/b+4

thats interesting about the patch. Hopefully someone knows for sure. The EX ground skulls I think are the same no matter if its df or db+4. Again, I could be wrong too. lol. I am a newbie for shang

Rabid Justice

Your Soul Is Mine
What part are you messing up on? I’m guessing it’s the db2. You want to launch it out just as the 3rd ex ground ball hits.

Well that is the toughest part because if you don't time the db2 the character doesn't juggle high enough to get the du4 in. I have hit the db2 about 10 times then some other 3 times i would follow with du4 but can't get the soul steal from there. If u watch the video, its the first time i have ever seen this juggle. I cant find it anywhere else so maybe you cant do it anymore.

You have the right inputs, and it does work. It's not terribly hard, but it's tricky to learn at first because it's not a pre-canned string, meaning the timing of each move is totally dependent on your execution. You want to learn the actual recovery of each of the skulls (hint: it's slightly shorter than the animation itself) so that you can input the next move in the sequence at the soonest possible time. You want the db+2 (front upskull) to come out before they get close to you, so that it will hit them as it comes down, rather than as it goes up. Also, the Soul Steal at the end will actually hit them when they're lower to the ground than you think should be possible, so don't think you've missed it just because they seem too low. It definitely works, though. I do that combo all the time (though I often start with f+434 instead of f+34).