What's new

Sektor's options on wakeup

sebiel

Noob
I'm not too knowledgeable on this aspect of the game. Let's discuss what Sektor's options are when getting off the ground!

Wakeup attacks for Sek: Flame, Teleport

In my experience, non-EX tele has no invulnerability. I pretty much always block waking up though-- has anyone else come up with interesting tricks?

Jobe

Noob
Yea, sektor seems to be lacking in the wake-up department. It's too bad because a nice gtfo move would really help with his zoning game.
Btw, diggin' your videos man. It's fun watching someone else get in to the nitty gritty of sektor's nuts and bolts.

I haven't tried this, but training mode has the option to have the comp perform wakeup moves against you. so in theory, if you went into training mode AGAINST sektor, then set sektor to perform moves on wakeup, wouldn't he cycle through and maybe show ya his options?

again, i haven't tried this. I'll try to confirm after work and get back to ya.

I was looking into sektor's wake up moves and they seem to be situational since they're not so reliable as other's. His flame is pretty great if someone is trying to jump in or perform meaty attacks on your wake up. Too bad this move doesn't auto select so it can stop cross ups.

teleport uppercut can get crossups depending on how early/late the opponent jumps over you. They could still stuff the move before its done with the start up frames(I'm guessing teleport uppercut's start up frames has to be longer than the invicibility frames). But Teleport uppercut seems to do well against meaty projectile attacks.