What's new

Sektors corner game is

Top 5 corner pressure and is pretty underrated IMO

with sektors TU combos he has the rare ability to switch what side hes on mid combo with sacrificing little to no damage output. He can get out of the corner on wake up (extu, can be hit out of sometimes but nonetheless is a very safe option to get outta corner pressure). He can also leave his opponent standing in the corner at the end of a 45% combo with no meter. He can trap certain characters (noob saibot, qaun chi and a few others) with ending his corner combos in 122~upmissle or f4~upmissle etc. With meter he has even more of an advantage with a homing missle that will interupt almost all wake up attacks giving him advantage. I tested a corner combo against quan chi, it was something like 12b1 12 12 12~upmissle and if he did wake up sky drop the up missle hit him putting sektor in another combo situation. if he tech rolled or blocked upon getting up the missle would hit him and interupt any of his attacks giving sektor yet another chance to apply his 50/50 corner pressure after the upmissle is blocked. Noob saibot also cant wake up when hit with 12b1 b21 12 122 upmissle. The clone will sometimes even go through sektor not even hit him!you have enough time to block his wake ups and let the upmissle hit him resetting the situation. put a homing missle on noob in the corner and hes done for. So noob and quan chi will get raped by sektor in the corner unless they have a breaker. Ive tested this strategy against other characters but their wake ups would nullify the upmissle Nonetheless for those characters you always have the option to end the combo in flamethrower preventing their wake up. Also when you put the upmissle out in the corneryour opponent will be confused and be afraid to try a wake up attack in fear of getting hit by the missle so they will just block low which is when you can go into your overhead starter into a safe extu (if you have meter to burn). This is why i believe Sektor is top 5 when it comes to putting on corner pressure.

If you guys test any of these scenarios against certain characters with wake ups and other scenarios feel free to post your results. Sometimes adding one less 12 or one more 12 in the corner combo will give the missle enough time to hit the opponents wake up attack and let sektor block their wake up if needed. Discuss and i encourage you Sektor players to post your corner 'upmissle traps' against other characters.

*also when sektor gets his front upmissle fix (being able to cancel into them) his corner game and overall upmissle oki game will improve greatly putting opponents in even tougher guessing games giving sektor more safe jump chances.

I never really thought much of Sektor's corner game. I'll have to test these.

Thanks for the visualization of Sektor forcibly raping Noob and Quan Chi. :wow:

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Any block strings Sektor uses into up missile leave him vulnerable to someone just dashing up to him and starting a combo that pushes them forward or just a throw in general. It's also a huge common misconception that his EX TU is a safe wake up attack, people can easily throw low starting strings or pokes over his body on wake up and interrupt the TU on start up.

Once they fix Sektors up missiles so that he can option the one in front of his opponent his corner game will get better but right now its only good against people who haven't defended against it before.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Any block strings Sektor uses into up missile leave him vulnerable to someone just dashing up to him and starting a combo that pushes them forward or just a throw in general. It's also a huge common misconception that his EX TU is a safe wake up attack, people can easily throw low starting strings or pokes over his body on wake up and interrupt the TU on start up.

Once they fix Sektors up missiles so that he can option the one in front of his opponent his corner game will get better but right now its only good against people who haven't defended against it before.
In all fairness, thats probably 99% of all players one will encounter.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
In all fairness, thats probably 99% of all players one will encounter.
100% of the people I play with offline know how to defend against this. I'm not saying that I don't use the corner pressure, its just going to be come infinitely more reliable once they fix his ability to option other rockets off of block strings.

im not talking about sektors wakeup..im talking about the opponents.. quan chi cant do shit when put in a certain combo from sektor in the corner except block . even then their only options are to poke out of a blocked string after they are forced to block the upmissle. a 45% combo + chip damage AND hes stuck in the corner? ill take that any day of the week.

also regarding the 'safe extu' of course its not safe on start up..its very unsafe on start up against any reliable low attacks just like any other wake up in the game ..its safe on block which is important. if im sektor waking up with extu i better be sure im not gonna get hit out of it. I appreciate the feedback Sao but sektors wakeup game isnt the topic at hand.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
i've developed a corner game with sektor. It's lethal and works against people that know what it is. they pretty much have to guess right because if they dont they eat a meaty corner combo which ends in an up rocket that will start the guessing game again, if they guess correctly i cant be punished for it.

it's really hard to explain if someone wants to know how i go about it pm me :)