What's new

Sektor UFGT8 Tourny Matches

Is it time to start the weekly Scorpion community blow-up?

Really though, great matches to everyone. I wasn't able to catch Toryuken live but from what I've seen so far, I really wish I had.

Good fights, it is hard guessing right vs scorpion, this is why I keep telling ppl he is not a bad character. His vortex can be made safer as well with stuff like f4 sweep and just plain out grabbing after hitting f 2,1 to tele. The best defense is fuzzy guarding it from all my experience playing ppl with scorpion.

Looking back, I guessed right on the vortex only once. Yo...scorpion is broken.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
LOL!

My main question is... Why do you D1? Just taking advantage of their lack of character knowledge or is there a reason behind it?
Lack of character knowledge. If your opponent doesnt mash out d3 or d1 after every low poke on hit, they wont punish d1 on hit either. And d1 has much farther range than d3 and a big vertical hitbox, so it can catch people trying to jump out.

And damn..I got bodied by clint. Seems like we are 1-1 in tourny now. Already want that salty runback.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Lack of character knowledge. If your opponent doesnt mash out d3 or d1 after every low poke on hit, they wont punish d1 on hit either. And d1 has much farther range than d3 and a big vertical hitbox, so it can catch people trying to jump out.

And damn..I got bodied by clint. Seems like we are 1-1 in tourny now. Already want that salty runback.
That sounds like good logic. The way I see it though is that you don't need to punish the d1 on hit. You kan just get a free pressure move..

On block some people punish that too....

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
Sonya beats Sektor. Some people think this is an even MU but its not at all. Sonya has all the tools to beat Sektor. If Sektor is winning than its the player doing it for sure
Sonya beats Sektor and almost every character in this game (Except Kuh bawl) IF & only IF you guess right/land every divekick 95% of the time. Against Sektor, miss ONE divekick... Hello 45% Combo. lol

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Sonya beats Sektor and almost every character in this game (Except Kuh bawl) IF & only IF you guess right/land every divekick 95% of the time. Against Sektor, miss ONE divekick... Hello 45% Combo. lol
You don't need to divekick at all to beat sektor. In fact, I advise you do not do it at all. I think both myself and clint were playing the matchups wrong and I need to rethink it.

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
You don't need to divekick at all to beat sektor. In fact, I advise you do not do it at all. I think both myself and clint were playing the matchups wrong and I need to rethink it.
I think you played it perfectly. Preventing divekicks with flame and perfect spacing. The only thing you may have done wrong was use b3, 2 when you were not at a clear advantage. If that makes any sense..