What's new

Sektor corner game useless against characters with teleports?

Can characters like Scorpion, Raiden, Cyrax, etc. easily get out of the corner by wake-up teleport or will the up missile interrupt their attempt at getting out?

They'll get out but in the case of offensive teleports you'll have enough time to block and punish and if you start your punish with a TU you'll put them back in the corner. Raiden doesn't give a fuck about anyone's shit though.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Raiden yes, haven't thought the others.. it might catch CSZ and Robo Cyrax.. though Ketchup or Mustard will probably clear that one up before me, lol

ryublaze

Noob
You can punish Raiden's, CSZ's, Cyrax's and Rain's teleports with 1, 2, B1. Scorpion can be knocked out on startup and even if he uses EX Tele you'd make him use meter and you can punish that too. Ermac has a hard time getting out safely too. Kung Lao can avoid missile with EX Tele but he'll come out on the corner side. Sektor and Mileena are the only ones that come to mind that can get out (somewhat) safely and their EX Teles are punished with a D1 combo. Not sure about Freddy's or Quan Chi's teles.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Raiden doesn't have it as easy as people may think. If you end your corner combo with up missile and read a teleport, jump back and you'll land a jump in punch to full combo.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Bait the teleport and punish accordingly, the missiles don't just damage, they condition.

You should never end a corner combo in the flame burner.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Bait the teleport and punish accordingly, the missiles don't just damage, they condition.

While I agree since up missile on paper is 10000% better, for whatever reason when you end in flame thrower people try to do something besides d1 and your 6 frame jab wins. It's stupid that it works, and the people who fall for it are stupid as well since they can simply d1 and stop all problems, but man it worked against S-tier players at Winter Brawl.

STRYKIE

Subjective, I'd actually much rather use it against Raiden.. wake up superman is so good. =/

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
While I agree since up missile on paper is 10000% better, for whatever reason when you end in flame thrower people try to do something besides d1 and your 6 frame jab wins. It's stupid that it works, and the people who fall for it are stupid as well since they can simply d1 and stop all problems, but man it worked against S-tier players at Winter Brawl.
Hmmmmmm, fair enough i suppose, it's never worked for me lol. I get D1'd too much.

And STRYKIE so what if he does a wakeup superman? you can block and punish it.

STRYKIE

And STRYKIE so what if he does a wakeup superman? you can block and punish it.
That's what I meant, imo flame burner is better against Raiden to negate the wake up in the first place, but now you mention it, it might be better to bait his wake up options in the first place..

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I'd say bait the wake up.. But if you do end in flamethrower you have two options. Block the poke and get advantage or 6 frame jab into combo. It becomes a 50/50, assuming they don't have armor. If they like to armor, just block and maybe punish.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Well it looks like everyone else already sumed everything up.

I havnt seen this yet though. Just make sure you do 12b1,b21,122, up missle and NOT 12b1,b21,12,122 up missle because that IS punishable. The Sektor community is a great one.

NKZero

Noob
i've been playing around with the corner UM set-ups and I think you can do 12B1, F4, B21, 122 up missile but I don't know if it is punishable or not...

ryublaze

Noob
i've been playing around with the corner UM set-ups and I think you can do 12B1, F4, B21, 122 up missile but I don't know if it is punishable or not...
It is by fast wake-up attacks.

Off topic: I just started spring break so I'll be working on the meterless combos sometime over this next week. Sorry for the wait.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Some crazy shit againt raiden: if you end in up missile and read that he will teleport you can full punish this. Jump back right after the up missile and Jip. Since sektor is bugged from the corner up missile and won't jump back.the full distance you land right on him and connect the punch before he blocks.