What's new

Seeking Advice

• Thread starter Deleted member 5032
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5032

Hey guys, I've seen a few posts like this and was hoping to avoid doing this, but I am just really having some issues. I'm strictly a Kano player. I literally use no other character. Short of messing up his Airball and dropping his kombos online, I feel as though I've taken the character as far as I can. It's time for me to devote my time to another character, but I straight up hate everyone else in the cast. There seems to be a lame-powerful correlation. The more powerful a character is, like Kung Lao, the more lame that character is. The opposite is true for Sheeva. She seems fun but just utterly blows. (I'm basing "powerful" vs "blows" on a matchup basis. Sheeva has a shitload of bad matchups). I've been trying to find some good info on character matchups but it's not an easy task. The official tier list thread is a joke of random opinionated information.

I guess the problem is that I want to find a fun-to-use character who doesn't have straight-up impossible-to-win matchups, because what's the point of investing in a character if you can't use them against certain other characters? I'm fine with tough matchups and even anticipate the challenge. I'm talking about the Sonya vs Sub-Zero and Sub-Zero vs Skarlet matchups where you just have to put the controller down because there is a 0% chance of winning.

Anyway, I know this is kind of a vague request, but any information or opinions you can provide on who would be a good character to invest in would be appreciated. I just need a little push in the right direction. Please keep this constructive. Thanks.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I'd suggest sektor. All of his matchups are between 4-6 I believe, and he's pretty damn fun to play as IMO.

leek

Noob
Baraka. Check out his possibilities on the recent video posted on the front page. He has some pretty damaging combos and great mix ups but struggles against zoners.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Cyber Sub. Mix ups. 2,1 when blocking. Juggling. Corner rape. Dive kicking.

oodles of fun

Hey Karaoke! I had almost the same problem with my sub. Sub is great but he wasn't flashy enough for me haha. I've been working with Jade and Mileena and I love them, very entertaining to watch and great fun to use. Give em aa try!

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
Before I recommend anyone, which characters DON'T suck, in your opinion? Which ones would you consider using?

BTW, I've faced a good Sheeva before. I had absolutely NO idea what to expect, and got my ass kicked as a result.

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
Mileena. She is both fun and challenge to play. Her specials are really punishable so shes going to teach you when and how to use them. Her combos look great, have decent damage and are not at all hard to pull of. And Im in love with her u4 overhead.