What's new

Season's Beatings Ascension Mortal Kombat Pools Now Live - CD Jr, Perfect Legend, Slips, GGA Confirm

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
This weekend the great event from God-Like Entertainment takes place in Cleveland, Ohio, Season's Beatings: Ascension! Mortal Kombat is set to take place on Saturday starting at 4PM Central Time. Although, at this time we do not have a stream link, we do have pools 1 & 2 handy thanks to 16 Bit via twitter. The entrants for Mortal Kombat 9, the "oldest" of the new games has 26 entrants who registered online and that doesn't count who will sign up at the door... like Perfect Legend along others including Slips and the army that is GGA!

sba.jpg

Mortal Kombat Pool 1:
  • [NEXUS] Semi Evil Ryu
  • BA w1nter warz
  • DMG CD Jr
  • Chaosphere
  • CoCo|FOREVER KING
  • CoCo|RiBBz22
  • CoCo|Chris Friday
  • FrothyOmen
  • GGA|Dizzy
  • GGA|soonk
  • GGA|Jeremiah
  • SquirtMcGirt
  • Streeetsweep
Mortal Kombat P00l 2:
  • C.O.R.N. Wulfgang Mello
  • CoCo|m2dave
  • CoCo|Master D
  • Compbros
  • FC NYChrisG
  • GGA|16 Bit
  • GGA|Han
  • GGA|Moe30W
  • GGA|Wafflez
  • MaceWind 88
  • Paramisery
  • TMP|SVK InfraDead
  • Jody Tha Great
To register at door: Perfect Legend & Slips confirmed so far* - more to come!
sba1.jpg
Pools source: SBA Docs
Credit: GGA 16 Bit via twitter

Attachments

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Slips is making the trip up for this? That's awesome.

I wish that they'd post KOF pools already....I'm hoping that I don't have to play my KOF matches while my MK pool is going on.

mighty_honour_korea

HYO-OO *nut punch*
This looks awesome possum. Rooting for Dizzy all the way.

Does anyone know what the stream situation will be like? Dedicated MK9 stream? Stream schedule?

I can honestly say that, even if I go 0-2 at this tournament, I won't even be upset. The quality of all the players here is astronomical and my hype levels are through the roof.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I can honestly say that, even if I go 0-2 at this tournament, I won't even be upset. The quality of all the players here is astronomical and my hype levels are through the roof.
I agree, still going in like I'm gonna win though lol.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Damn, every match of this tournament is going to be awesome. Really wish I could have made this one. Anyone care to make top 8 predictions? I keep going over and over them in my head and I honestly can't whittle it down, everyone looks so solid. Plus so much depends on who they end up against. M2Dave and Wafflez in the same pool means things can turn out quite different if they meet each other before top 8. Dizzy has improved greatly yet he has some really solid Sub-Zero and Freddy players in his pool. So hard to call. Plus not knowing where PL and Slips are going to end up is going to make a huge difference as well.

Matches I'm looking most forward to:

GGA 16bit vs M2Dave
Wafflez vs M2Dave
Dizzy vs Semi Evil Ryu
Jeremiah vs anyone
Moe vs ChrisG (run back from UFGT 8)
Dizzy vs CDjr
CDjr vs Perfect Legend

Plus the entire GGA vs CoCo is going to be incredible. Hopefully we'll see some good friendly competition here and get TYM back to where it should be. We don't need to have high school girl level drama here.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
What Jim said.

I know that we've seen some bad crap here, lately. Now is our chance to get things back on track and have some FUN in this community.

Which is why my Discount Double Check dance is going to have a little extra UMPH, this weekend.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
What Jim said.

I know that we've seen some bad crap here, lately. Now is our chance to get things back on track and have some FUN in this community.

Which is why my Discount Double Check dance is going to have a little extra UMPH, this weekend.
I hear ya man, this tournament is a great opportunity to shoot down some of the negativity festering of late and get back to the game we all love which has brought us together as a community.