What's new

Tech - Stunt Double SD Johnny corner wakeup stuffing

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
DISCLAIMER: I'm not sure if this tech is well known, so if it is already known pls let me know.

So I was on twitch and Kanoball ( not sure if you know him ) showed me an interesting setup with SD cage.
It wasn't quite the best but I have made an improvement to it is quite the improvement.

How it works is when your corner combo in 121 for +49 frames. It takes some getting used to but once you practice it enough it isn't too hard. You want to time it so your s1 or d1 hits before the EX DB1 so it launches and you get a full combo convert.
I have done massive testing on this and it works on pretty much any wakeup that doesn't have the following

1. Low profiling armor
2. Super armor(duhh)
3. Fast advancing armor (Works on advancing armor just depends on the speed)
4. Cassie's stupid invincibility frames on her goddamn EX Nut

Let me know what you guys think. Could it possibly make him better than A-List in certain MUs (I highly doubt it)?

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Good stuff man!

I also use another version of this since June, had no idea if it was know or not, never posted because we all know how much nrs loves Cage and...we all know what happened to fisti xD

The version I tend to use involves 114 into whiffed exdb1 to bait a wakeup. Then it uses d4 and clone to popup. At that moment I didn't test vs whole cast, but I noticed one could make it work vs many wakeups just changing the string preceding the 114 (adding more or less punches depending on how the wakeup works).

In the next video the first cut is an example of this. The following two cuts are variations of your sequence that may be used for some wakeups that go low, like sub slide.

There are lots of variations of this, and almost sure that for each wakeup one can find the appropiate sequence to stuff it, even for low profiling wakeups and advancing ones. But as you say, Cassie ex nutpunch seems impossible to stuff with this kind of technique, and also super armors xD

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
amazing stuff bro. i really like it

@IrishMantis
take a look at this stuff bro
You know I've already being doing this :p

To OP
It wasn't knowing by video but I have said SD can do this

Don't use s1 or D4 as the active frame are shit

Let me give you a look of the full meta what if I told you I have an armour breaking true 50/50 hard to blockable!

Look at this
I use Sweep as it launches and most importantly 7 frames so I beat all of Lao's Late gets ups as it takes 7 frames to stand up and Lao can cancel any of them get up frames to a wake up, I have that you have only 1 frame to block both

And if they somehow manage to get conte table to blocking that 1 frame low/overhead you got a true 50/50 as in the 2nd part of the clip it works with OH too :p

I did an easy version but you can add another 12 to bring the knockdown dmg to 33%

It won't combo with D4 as if the OH of Rising shadow will reset unlike sweep

The only downside to this is you need to read if they tech roll, don't tech roll, or delay get up but your safe

This works on Cassie too

@ismael4790 shame on you for not telling these people in the one that told you about it

ismael4790

To OP

Let me give you a look of the full meta what if I told you I have an armour breaking true 50/50 hard to blockable!

Look at this
I use Sweep as it launches and most importantly 7 frames so I beat all of Lao's Late gets ups, I have that you have only 1 frame to block both

And if they somehow manage to get conte table to blocking that 1 frame low/overhead you got a true 50/50 as in the 2nd part of the clip it works with OH too :p

I did an easy version but you can add another 12 to bring the knockdown dmg to 33%

The only downside to this is you need to read if they tech roll, don't tech roll, or delay get up but your safe

This works on Cassie too

@ismael4790 shame on you for not telling these people in the one that told you about it
Cool versions IrishMantis!

Btw, you told me about the sweep version when I asked you (which seems the best and I can't get it consistenly :s) and I told you I tended to use the d4 version!

IrishMantis

Cool versions IrishMantis!

Btw, you told me about the sweep version when I asked you (which seems the best and I can't get it consistenly :s) and I told you I tended to use the d4 version!
Okay cool you get a pass :p

Use sweep as you can't combo doing D4

See mine are not just armour breaks mine are true hard to block 59/50s other than optimisation I highly South the Meta can pushed much further

ismael4790

Okay cool you get a pass :p

Use sweep as you can't combo doing D4

See mine are not just armour breaks mine are true hard to block 59/50s other than optimisation I highly South the Meta can pushed much further
I have been complaining about Quan's hard to blocks...how am I gonna defend this now? xD

IrishMantis

I have been complaining about Quan's hard to blocks...how am I gonna defend this now? xD
Well it's still a 4 way guess Techroll, non Techroll, short delay, long Delay
So that makes it technically 8 ways

When Quan is just 2 low/Oh or Oh/low

ismael4790

Well it's still a 4 way guess Techroll, non Techroll, short delay, long Delay
So that makes it technically 8 ways

When Quan is just 2 low/Oh or Oh/low
That saves us xD And he gets it meterless right? At least we have to pay a bar for it.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!

To OP

Look at this
I use Sweep as it launches and most importantly 7 frames so I beat all of Lao's Late gets ups as it takes 7 frames to stand up and Lao can cancel any of them get up frames to a wake up, I have that you have only 1 frame to block both

This works on Cassie too

sry bro dumb me again :(

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
I wonder if there is anyway to do something similar midscreen. Anyway the sweep instead of S1 or D4 is actually really good. I was just going for armor break, but armor break hard to blockable is godlike. @IrishMantis thanks for the info about the sweep one. I'll be sure to use this more.