What's new

Scorpions X-Ray. (MKX)

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I was just watching over the trailer again and as we can safely assume X-rays are in the game and the same as before.

Scorpions X-ray move appears to be executed in the same way as it was in MK9.
I would like to see his Spear be his new X-Ray setup instead of the teleport punch, it could be preformed in air and on the ground. (Imagine doing what he did in the trailer and throwing them down to the ground or grabbing them on the ground and flipping them over onto their head?) Anyway, I think it would be an interesting way to setup the X-ray for juggle combo's, and Anti Air option and a way to use it as a projectile out of combos (Of course this would be risky if used incorrectly).

This clearly wont happen in the game but what do you think?

And whilst we're on the Subject why not throw in how you'd like your favourite characters X-Ray to be set up or what would you like them to do during the X-Ray Animation.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Could it be that the changes in character that NRS was talking about are different x rays in the vein of different ultras in SF? I think that'd be cool

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Could it be that the changes in character that NRS was talking about are different x rays in the vein of different ultras in SF? I think that'd be cool
I would like this, Keep the characters pretty much how they've been but yes perhaps change up the X-Rays is all, I wonder if NRS will be simplistic and make it LT + RT or make is so you have to input some commands (Such ass D,F,D,F,1 or something)

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
There's zero reason to think that that was Scorpion's XRAY. You need to remember that this really is just a trailer...it doesn't mean anything in terms of game mechanics. Look at MK9's trailer - you would assume Scorpion's fatality was Kano's since he rips SZ's head off and plants it in his chest. But Scorpion doesn't do that...just a trailer. To be cool. To generate hype.

That said, put in Skarlet. I don't care what fatality she has - I'll do them regardless on everybody.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
There's zero reason to think that that was Scorpion's XRAY. You need to remember that this really is just a trailer...it doesn't mean anything in terms of game mechanics. Look at MK9's trailer - you would assume Scorpion's fatality was Kano's since he rips SZ's head off and plants it in his chest. But Scorpion doesn't do that...just a trailer. To be cool. To generate hype.

That said, put in Skarlet. I don't care what fatality she has - I'll do them regardless on everybody.
But from the trailer they were clearly trying to show off features in the game such as X-ray moves, interactables, Moves the characters do. It's likely to be what it is in the trailer or at least set up the same as in it being a teleport punch, I don't see why not at the same time, But you're not wrong it doesn't confirm anything, but it's a pretty safe guess to say that it will be like it is in the trailer or at least set up the same way, or the same as it was in MK9 all together, I hope at least the animation changes.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
It was a CGI trailer...just remember that. What you are saying is the same as someone saying, "Well when the announcer said 'FIGHT!' they ran towards each other! RUN BUTTON CONFIRMED!"

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
It was a CGI trailer...just remember that. What you are saying is the same as someone saying, "Well when the announcer said 'FIGHT!' they ran towards each other! RUN BUTTON CONFIRMED!"
Well naaah there's a big difference between a fighting move and them just running. no one wants a run button back anyway.
After all they showed off alot of moves typically used by the characters why is it not plausible for the X-Ray to be the same?

Big D

Well naaah there's a big difference between a fighting move and them just running. no one wants a run button back anyway.
After all they showed off alot of moves typically used by the characters why is it not plausible for the X-Ray to be the same?
Never said it wasnt plausible. However, we shouldn't read too much into a trailer that has absolutely zero actual gameplay. Will there be x-rays? Most likely. But I think NRS is smart enough to realize that recycling the exact same x-rays wont make their fans happy. Have some faith in the idea that NRS knows what needs to be changed, and what needs to be kept the same.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Never said it wasnt plausible. However, we shouldn't read too much into a trailer that has absolutely zero actual gameplay. Will there be x-rays? Most likely. But I think NRS is smart enough to realize that recycling the exact same x-rays wont make their fans happy. Have some faith in the idea that NRS knows what needs to be changed, and what needs to be kept the same.
Yeah I'm not saying it's going to be the same as in the trailer, but I feel like the trailer is a strong give away to what we'll see their moves being like in the game, also From the previous game it's also just how NRS are, they paste over some stuff to make it familiar, I doubt the X-Ray will be EXACTLY the same, but as for it's set up I don't doubt it. I would like a new set up with his hooks really, wouldn't that be neat?

Big D

Yeah I'm not saying it's going to be the same as in the trailer, but I feel like the trailer is a strong give away to what we'll see their moves being like in the game, also From the previous game it's also just how NRS are, they paste over some stuff to make it familiar, I doubt the X-Ray will be EXACTLY the same, but as for it's set up I don't doubt it. I would like a new set up with his hooks really, wouldn't that be neat?
The possibilities are HUGE. NRS can be very creative, which is more than what I can say for most other gaming studios. We are lucky to have the right type of people working on this game; and I would be very surprised if they didnt re-work every single x-ray in MKX.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
The possibilities are HUGE. NRS can be very creative, which is more than what I can say for most other gaming studios. We are lucky to have the right type of people working on this game; and I would be very surprised if they didnt re-work every single x-ray in MKX.
You're right, just by reading Ed Boons Tweets you know he's leading a team of people with a huge range of ideas so anything could happen.