What's new

scorpions overhead swords

i played a person online about 5 times today. i had his number on everything except when he tripped me he would go straight for that overhead sword and pop me up. i just want to know if a wake up attack is the only way out of that. thanks.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Wake-up or roll (no idea how to roll though) are the only options to not get by that. However, as you're waking up, hold block so you block this unsafe move (taking some chip), then punish with whatever your character punishes with.

Wake-up or roll (no idea how to roll though) are the only options to not get by that. However, as you're waking up, hold block so you block this unsafe move (taking some chip), then punish with whatever your character punishes with.
i dont beleive you can roll after being tripped thats where he was getting me. he would trip me first and then go for the over head. it was rather annoying. its almost 70 - 30 on performing a wake up attack online since the lag is pretty choppy. but i was getting him most of the time with the wake up. its just those few times i didnt get the wake up attack and didnt have a breaker he was uber pwning me with a combo and i couldnt do anything but watch my health go bye bye.

scorpions 50/50 is hard to deal with especially online, if you see him doing overhead swords consistently, just block high, or if your afraid of a mixup and he goes low, you can try to fuzzy block it. also depends on which character you are playing, they have different wake ups that might be able to beat out his overhead sword. From what i've been testing in the lab, his overhead sword beats out a lot of ex wakeups if timed correctly, so with online delay, this is even harder.

King

Sig Maker
Wait, so you guys are saying that you can't just wake up block against it? That would seem to work fine.