What's new

Question - Ninjitsu Scorpion's NJP, Am I Missing Something?

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I apologize if that has been talked about in another thread, I don't really pay attention to Scorpion and his tech.

But I've noticed throughout lab play and watching some ESL that his NJP is just awful compared to others like say Takeda and KL.

Am I missing something? His reach with his NJP just seems very weak, and I'm not sure if it's been fixed or being worked on but it seems like you have to either do an instant NJP, or wait until the comedown to be able to even connect.

Just looking for some insight, or if I'm just completely missing something.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Its hitbox is very small, if you do NJP from a spear you have to wait a long time to input the button so it will connect. It's one of the key things Ninjutsu gives him as when he uses the swords it's much better, you're not missing anything really; his NJP is quite poor.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I can tell his NJP is not one of his strong suits. I just wasn't sure if there was something special when using his NJP that you had to do, because half the time connecting them at all is very hard unless it's air to air. At least for me.

I'd like to start using him more but people are recently figuring out how to blow him up, doesn't seem as viable as he was in day 1.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
You have the best jump kick in the game. Probably one of the best normals. Youll be fine

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Even in the corner I wouldn't trust that shitty range. Then again I'm not a big fan of njp in the first place, even "good" ones like Kung Jin's.

Only time I use njp is for a meterless spear combo. This one: b3/f4xxspear, njp, jikxxTP, FA, 21xxTP. You can get jip after njp but it does the same damage either way.