What's new

Scorpion's bad match-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
What do you scorpion players out there think is the best and worst match-up for scorpion?
please explain further why you think so.
I think at worst he is a character full of 5-5. Scorpion is a character who has a lot of tools for many situations, like Lao but is not overpowered with the tools he has. His combos are also often mix up but are very unsafe. He is a high risk, high reward character.

I think Tom Brady once said, ages ago, maybe months ago but it stuck with me. His worst match up is himself.

Naturally you might think of Lao and Cyrax but they give everyone issues.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I would say Mileena is his hardest match-up. Any character than can poke for an entire game or stay airborn for a signifcant portion of the game causes him problems. Since he's not that fast a character to begin with, Mileena can really exploit this with her air projectiles and pokes to just chip you to death.

From what I've experienced Scorpion's hardest match-ups are against rush down characters (J.Cage, Kung Lao) do to his limited amount of options to escape effective pressure. He also has trouble w/ zoners (Kitana, Kano) because spear & hellfire font trade all too well & their projectiles recover too fast to get in a teleport punch.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Scorpion's hardest match-ups are zoners with instant air fireballs. Kitana, Mileena Kabal especially, but other notables are Noob, Cyrax, Sub and Sector as hellfire is not a good trade with their projectiles so it forces him to take action to get inside.

I believe all these match ups are winnable tho.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Scorpion's hardest match-ups are zoners with instant air fireballs. Kitana, Mileena Kabal especially, but other notables are Noob, Cyrax, Sub and Sector as hellfire is not a good trade with their projectiles so it forces him to take action to get inside.

I believe all these match ups are winnable tho.
To add on to this, Kitana and Mileena are especially tricky since they Square Boost and Teleport respectively, making punishing an IA fireball with EX spear difficult. Actually, characters with air-ok teleports are more difficult than those without since it nullifies the long-range aspect of Scorpion's baiting game.

Also, how well does he deal with reversals like KL's spin, SZ's clone, Kano's up-ball, etc? If he doesn't deal with that well, I think Kitana could easily be his worst matchup in terms of better moves.

KL's spin is easily punished on block w/ Spear if you can read/bait it
same applies for SZ's clones just substitute hellfire
Kano's Up Ball you can overhead on block or stagger in spear or just combine them

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
To add on to this, Kitana and Mileena are especially tricky since they Square Boost and Teleport respectively, making punishing an IA fireball with EX spear difficult. Actually, characters with air-ok teleports are more difficult than those without since it nullifies the long-range aspect of Scorpion's baiting game.

Also, how well does he deal with reversals like KL's spin, SZ's clone, Kano's up-ball, etc? If he doesn't deal with that well, I think Kitana could easily be his worst matchup in terms of better moves.
Kitana is probably his worst, without EX TP its really hard for him to get in. The best way for Scorp to build meter is air throws, but you can't jump in the air against Kitana. Once he gets close, she can just square-ass away with no consequence. Since its so hard to get in, she dictates the whole match. She can hit and run at will and since nearly all of her options are unpublishable, you get very little opportunity to do damage. Her being able to punish his 50/50 harder than probably any other character in the game is also a killer.

The other air fireball characters aren't as bad because you can back them up into a corner. Mileena's TK Scorp punishes extremely hard so thats pretty risky for her. Everyone else Scorp does pretty ok against I think.

As far as the wake-up moves, he has to deal with them like everyone else, which is no surprise.

Jet3000

Let’s go crazy!
I think Scorpion Worst MU is Reptile IMO. He puts a lot of stuff in scorpion's way like slow and fast acid and spit, and lot's of mix ups
so reptile is a heck of a annyoing MU with that speed,projectiles,and Combos makes it hard. Reptile has good rushdown and we all know how bad scorpion dose aganist Rushdown characters, So i will say reptile vs scorpion is 3-7 Reptile.

Status
Not open for further replies.