What's new

Match-up Discussion Scorpion Vs Reptile

MK_-NIGHTWING

Waiting 4 Injustice
I really need help in this match-up. Scorpion can get around Rep very easily because Scorp can teleport in without it hitting Reptile because of his low hit box. And idk why but it seems like Rep gets rushed down very easily by Scorp. I just really need help in this match-up, what can I do? Should I just abuse dash in this match? I watched Chirs G and Slips fight in this video (below) and Chris was having the same problems I was having.

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
Scorpions pressure has a lot of flaws, u can poke out another 11 after he hits you with 111 because its high hitting, his 334 leaves him negative on block, and all of his high reward mixups leave him full combo punishable, and the fact tht ur hitbox lowers help because then scorpion doesnt get a free vortex if you throw a projectile, even on read, forceball traps totally screw scorpion, so does being cornered, imo its 6-4 reptile

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Scorpion can get around Rep very easily because Scorp can teleport in without it hitting Reptile because of his low hit box.
Crouching makes the teleport whiff. If you mean that glitch/tech, it's pretty unreliable, a good scorpion rarely does naked teleports.

I don't really see the issue in the MU, besides the obvious Vortex. Just try to guess right and you'll be fine.

When scorpion teleports, use down 4 to acid ball for a punish and don't ever dash at him from full screen, that's begging to get speared. Be smart about using njp's I've noticed that scorpion players really like that damn crossover.