What's new

Scorpion MK10/UMK9 Workshop [*unofficial*]

ELC

Scrublord McGee
First a few ground rules:

1. Assume minimal engine changes from MK9 to UMK9 or MK10. While no engine changes would be highly unlikely, especially from 9 to 10, it would be even more unlikely for any of us to guess what engine changes will be made.

2. If you would like any information regarding Scorpion, please refer to the links in my signature as well as the MK9 Scorpion subforums.

3. You should at least have a intermediate understanding of how to either play as or play against Scorpion.

[MENTION=4285]ELC[/MENTION]: 1. BP, Teleport, and EN Teleport hit duck-blocking opponents. Maybe a Tele-roundhouse instead of Tele-punch, with an extra roundhouse for EN Tele. This gives him two things: first, an easy method of getting in with Meter, and second, assuming the data for Special and Blocked meter-gain is correct at Shoryuken.com (my apologies for not knowing where that info is here), would be a four-from-three-meter frame trap using EN Tele dash 1,1,1 D4 ad nauseum (at least 25% chip)

2. Remove Demon Fire: the move is probably the most overrated move by new players, abusable in lag, and pretty much death in an offline game except to get extra damage in.

3. Add Inner Flames, a turtle move similar to Baraka's Spin except it has a quick start-up [5-8f] and staggers on hit and unsafe on block. Might be tricky balancing this with aforementioned changes, though it would create a nice tension between 1,1,1 spam and 1,1,1 dash Inner Flames

In essence: take away his already subpar ability to zone safely, and give him the tools to rush and counter-rush more effectively.

[MENTION=3429]PimpUigi[/MENTION]: The only thing I would change for certain is Spear whiff should be toned down. Right now it's 95 frames of duration, and -27 on block. This should be toned down to possibly 46-60 frames of duration to be in line with Sub Zero's freeze, and not guarantee a JiP combo from a full screen opponent/whiffed spear in the middle of combos.

[MENTION=7921]OneBoxyRobot[/MENTION]: Maybe replace Takedown with Flipkick and make Takedown a less-damaging regular move, like a B4. Idk.
I liked the Flipkick.

Maybe the next version of EX Hellfire...should come from the sky.
Like Sub's Sky Freeze...but it rains fire.

They'd be 2 different attacks entirely, just made out of the same Hellfire.
Regular would do as it does now and scald a walking opponent,
EX Hell Rain would have a badass downward sword swing animation as though the Blade was controlling the fire.
Diagonal Fireball Of Doom ala the MKD Teleport Attack, comes out of sky, obliterates opponent.
They're the same, but total opposite in nature. Whereas with the Ground Hellfire, you have to be doing ANYTHING but standing still in order to avoid it...with the EX Hell Rain, the only way TO avoid it is by standing still...like Sektor's EX Missle; either Teleport out of the way (If you're fast enough) or wait and block.

Make it safe as you said and buff it up, and make it a go-to-tool.
Same damage as the EX Takedown.
Trade it for the Air Throw so he isn't OP-dominant in the sky
Give it projectile properties instead of Hellfire/Flamethrower/HOLY SHIT IM ON FIRE properties and let it link in Combos.

Also, if a mod feels this should be put in the Scorpion forums instead, then I apologize.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
How does :bp:bp~Teleport work again?!
[MENTION=4285]ELC[/MENTION], go try :bp:bp~Teleport and tell me how it works for you. I think this was already taken out of the game.
Even :fp:fp~Teleport isn't working.

Either way, I think Scorpion is near perfect as he is.

The only thing I would change for certain is Spear whiff should be toned down. Right now it's 95 frames of duration, and -27 on block. This should be toned down to possibly 46-60 frames of duration to be in line with Sub Zero's freeze, and not guarantee a JiP combo from a full screen opponent/whiffed spear in the middle of combos.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Give him back his MKD costume, with the UMK3 tunic as an alternate suit, and I'll be happy.

Maybe replace Takedown with Flipkick and make Takedown a less-damaging regular move, like a B4. Idk.
I liked the Flipkick.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
[MENTION=588]Mr. Mileena[/MENTION]: :( But I like F4xxSpear ... never heard of 2,2,Tele before though: as far as I know, the only string that works with Tele is F2,1xxTele *goes to check frame data* Nope: I know 3,3xxTele doesn't work, and F2,1 is +4 on hit, so Scorp needs either 3 or 4 frames of advantage to combo into Teleport. Everything else he has is less than that other than Spear, which works with everything.

[MENTION=3429]PimpUigi[/MENTION]: Dude, we're cool and all, but watch how you word things: inflection is nonexistent in a text-only medium, so I can't tell whether you're bossing me around to prove a point or just to verify for yourself. Anyhow, I agree Spear on whiff is pretty insane, but I'm unsure of how I would fix that yet.

[MENTION=5003]SwiftTomHanks[/MENTION]: You know that Inner Flames is not the same as Demon Fire, right? To be clear, Inner Flames is like Scorpion's version of Baraka's and Kung Lao's spin in MKvDC: i.e. the attack box surrounds his hit box, not an auto-tracking unblockable like Demon Fire. Though if you still think this is lulzy, I'm open to any suggestions.

[MENTION=7921]OneBoxyRobot[/MENTION]: Deception was probably the best in terms of costume design (well, almost *glares at Zombie Kang*). And I like the Flip Kick: shame they put it as part of a combo in this game.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
@ PimpUigi: Dude, we're cool and all, but watch how you word things: inflection is nonexistent in a text-only medium, so I can't tell whether you're bossing me around to prove a point or just to verify for yourself. Anyhow, I agree Spear on whiff is pretty insane, but I'm unsure of how I would fix that yet.
I was actually just joking. First of all, there's no 22, and second of all 11 doesn't cancel into a teleport that can connect, it will get blocked.
I was making fun of Mr. Mileena since he said he didn't want 22~Teleport to work anymore.

Also, a side note, when coding mentions you need to not put an extra space after the @
I personally think MK9's costume 1 is Scorpion's best costume, with DA's costume 1 in second, and MK1's in third (too bad we got an MK1/MK2 hybrid for this game).

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Maybe the next version of EX Hellfire...should come from the sky.
Like Sub's Sky Freeze...but it rains fire.

MKD was my favorite just because it brought him to life the most.
Instead of just Homicidal Yellow Ninja, he really looked like the traveling samurai of vengeance, but neutral enough not to look totally evil.

I was so happy when he turned out to be the Champion Of The Gods.
Like, "Good for you, Scorp. You finally caught a break."

I was actually just joking. First of all, there's no 22, and second of all 11 doesn't cancel into a teleport that can connect, it will get blocked.
I was making fun of Mr. Mileena since he said he didn't want 22~Teleport to work anymore.

Also, a side note, when coding mentions you need to not put an extra space after the @
I personally think MK9's costume 1 is Scorpion's best costume, with DA's costume 1 in second, and MK1's in third (too bad we got an MK1/MK2 hybrid for this game).
Sorry Since I write guides for all the characters and expect everybody to read them because you're the only one who can make New techs and strategies for characters. Based on NEC, multiple people do not like you.
I don't use scorpion, and if you were really smart, you'd correct me and know the "2,2, teleport" must have been confused to his string he ends combos with into teleport to keep resets going.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
[MENTION=588]Mr. Mileena[/MENTION]: & [MENTION=3429]PimpUigi[/MENTION]: Simmer down now, y'hear? And I kinda figured that's what you meant, Mr. Mileena, but I feel that the vortex is his only tool that makes certain matchups 5-5 to 4-6 instead of 4-6 to 3-7.

[MENTION=7921]OneBoxyRobot[/MENTION]: Agree with the plot upgrade in Deception (actually wished they came out with a DLC costume pack for his "Monster" alt from that game), but I'm a little confused as how Hellrain would work, though interested at the same time.

[MENTION=588]Mr. Mileena[/MENTION]: & [MENTION=3429]PimpUigi[/MENTION]: Simmer down now, y'hear? And I kinda figured that's what you meant, Mr. Mileena, but I feel that the vortex is his only tool that makes certain matchups 5-5 to 4-6 instead of 4-6 to 3-7.

[MENTION=7921]OneBoxyRobot[/MENTION]: Agree with the plot upgrade in Deception (actually wished they came out with a DLC costume pack for his "Monster" alt from that game), but I'm a little confused as how Hellrain would work, though interested at the same time.
I was kidding about the nerfs loll.
I think he's fine the way he is, although, he's very unsafe.
So i guess it adds up

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME

They'd be 2 different attacks entirely, just made out of the same Hellfire.
Regular would do as it does now and scald a walking opponent,
EX Hell Rain would have a badass downward sword swing animation as though the Blade was controlling the fire.
Diagonal Fireball Of Doom ala the MKD Teleport Attack, comes out of sky, obliterates opponent.
They're the same, but total opposite in nature. Whereas with the Ground Hellfire, you have to be doing ANYTHING but standing still in order to avoid it...with the EX Hell Rain, the only way TO avoid it is by standing still...like Sektor's EX Missle; either Teleport out of the way (If you're fast enough) or wait and block.

Thoughts?

ELC

Scrublord McGee
[MENTION=588]Mr. Mileena[/MENTION]: Hehehe again, text-only not a good place for sarcasm ;)

[MENTION=7921]OneBoxyRobot[/MENTION]: I like it: sounds a lot like how Kenshi does his Falling Spirit, though I imagine Scorpion being a bit quicker on the draw. I could actually see this as a new way for Scorpion to safely get in if it had enough advantage on block or hit. What frame data would you say would make that balanced?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
[MENTION=588]Mr. Mileena[/MENTION]: Hehehe again, text-only not a good place for sarcasm ;)

[MENTION=7921]OneBoxyRobot[/MENTION]: I like it: sounds a lot like how Kenshi does his Falling Spirit, though I imagine Scorpion being a bit quicker on the draw. I could actually see this as a new way for Scorpion to safely get in if it had enough advantage on block or hit. What frame data would you say would make that balanced?

...*knows next to nothing of frame data*...

...Fast. Lol.

Make it safe as you said and buff it up, and make it a go-to-tool.
Same damage as the EX Takedown.
Trade it for the Air Throw so he isn't OP-dominant in the sky
Give it projectile properties instead of Hellfire/Flamethrower/HOLY SHIT IM ON FIRE properties and let it link in Combos.

Sorry Since I write guides for all the characters and expect everybody to read them because you're the only one who can make New techs and strategies for characters. Based on NEC, multiple people do not like you.
I'd heard the same thing before the show, actually, but it turns out Pimp is an awesome fellow, and his Scorp knocked me into Losers, so I can at least attest to that.

I think you guidemakers should all gather your brains and make a Super Guide.
That way, no one's strategies can cause confusion or post-guide beef because you'll all be in on the same creation.
Like an MK Senate of sorts, but without the corruption and lobbyists.
You guys all do a lot of work putting the shit you do together - why not join forces and do it to the extreme?

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Hearing about all the training you're doing is great too Boxy.
I think (and hope) when we get our run back, it's going to be a super close match and we won't know who will win until the last second.

Play with Bi Han-Sub Zero and I'll be conflicted to route for you in my own set!
Hematayu!!!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Hearing about all the training you're doing is great too Boxy.
I think (and hope) when we get our run back, it's going to be a super close match and we won't know who will win until the last second.

Play with Bi Han-Sub Zero and I'll be conflicted to route for you in my own set!
Hematayu!!!
MK3 for 90% of my fights, Bi-Han for when I reeeeeeeally wanna tear some shit up.
Idk why, but being Evil Sub-Zero always brings out the deviousness in me. Maybe I should wear it more, lol.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
MK3 for 90% of my fights, Bi-Han for when I reeeeeeeally wanna tear some shit up.
Idk why, but being Evil Sub-Zero always brings out the deviousness in me. Maybe I should wear it more, lol.
It's cause he's the most hype. Random "Hematayu!!" during all his combos is so cool and gets you pumped.
Then he wins a round..."Hematayu!!"

Noob Saibot only says it when he does the X-ray or disabler.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It's cause he's the most hype. Random "Hematayu!!" during all his combos is so cool and gets you pumped.

i mostly use Bi-Han LOVE the dark blue and voice.,i switch to Kuai for when i'm losing and just like a costume change.

if shit gets serious i use the mk1 costume,fucking shame that it's Kuai when it should be Bi-han.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
I still need to unlock the Bi Han costume (though I have beaten Ladder with SUB before): would be an interesting diversion from "SCOOBIYA!"

Anyhow, OP updated with a clearer focus for my suggested changes, soon to be divided by quotes of changes everyone has mentioned so far.

The backflip kick should be able to be used in multiple combos and linked to teleport for his vortex. I like the backflip kick and I dont think I've used it since, um.. August.

Noob can definitely say it during his teleports.

As far as Scorpion goes, I would love to see an alt with his skull out (non-flaming).