What's new

Tech - Inferno Scorpion Inferno Minion Charge Tech

I just wanted to post something I figured out after playing online yesterday. While your at a relatively safe distance, you can use Minion Charge from Scorpion's Inferno variation to catch your opponent in the air for a full combo punish. 44% combo into the vortex and you can do a 52% X-Ray combo. I've found that you can even punish jumps almost full screen with a teleport and then spear. Since the minion charge has a pretty slow startup, you can be punished for a full combo if you fail to get the timing right.
Here's a video of it:

FOXSOLID

Noob
I just wanted to post something I figured out after playing online yesterday. While your at a relatively safe distance, you can use Minion Charge from Scorpion's Inferno variation to catch your opponent in the air for a full combo punish. 44% combo into the vortex and you can do a 52% X-Ray combo. I've found that you can even punish jumps almost full screen with a teleport and then spear. Since the minion charge has a pretty slow startup, you can be punished for a full combo if you fail to get the timing right.
Here's a video of it:

Very nice, if anyone wants to do some Scorpion sparring tomorrow, my PSN is FOXSOLID4.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
What are the inputs to the vortex? Could do his last 1 on MK9 but have no idea with this. Cheers
214~TP~21~Spear, 21~TP ...

Ending combos with the opponent standing into 21~Teleport Punch sets up a mixup oportunity, which can be used to do a vortex. But MKX scorpion has a really unsafe overhead so people will mostly block low to avoid the low first.

That is why MITDJT mixes between low and throws most of the time.

HarmTheHomeless

How2GetAnSTD
214~TP~21~Spear, 21~TP ...

Ending combos with the opponent standing into 21~Teleport Punch sets up a mixup oportunity, which can be used to do a vortex. But MKX scorpion has a really unsafe overhead so people will mostly block low to avoid the low first.

That is why MITDJT mixes between low and throws most of the time.

With this variation isn't it better to end the vortex using 21xxdb1instead of 21xxteleport?