What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Scorpion extended Spear recovery bug

Xzyj

Noob
Hey guys, as you can see in the video if scorpion wiffs his spear closer to the wall - it hits the wall and extends the recovery by a lot, is that a bug? is that intended? can we get this fixed?

@colt
@16 Bit

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
This has been in since release, don't think it's a bug. I think the spear chain has a maximum amount will come out and if you're further past that distance it won't happen whereas if you're not you'll get the wall hit sound.

Spear on whiff is death anyway I just think this is attention to detail.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
This has been in since release, don't think it's a bug. I think the spear chain has a maximum amount will come out and if you're further past that distance it won't happen whereas if you're not you'll get the wall hit sound.

Spear on whiff is death anyway I just think this is attention to detail.
Spear hitting the wall or not when it whiffs after a dropped combo has definitely been the difference between costing me games. I'd rather they just got rid of it.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Instead of just removing it, add an escape for meter that can also be used to extend combos - like a swing around with a poke if they're prone - or just a swing around and quick recovery if they're not.

It wouldn't make a huge difference, but it would add some more depth and intrigue for those playing the character.

More hype moments are what we need...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The most painful one is when you're like way too far from the wall, and the spear in order to recover has to hit the damn wall, it gets there for days before recovering, and landing a spear after a extended combo with ex teleport is already damn difficult in some characters.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
I've noticed this happen when i was playing online,this has happened a million times when ever i play against scorpion.Its something that needs to be fixed imo.

Is it stage specific too? Because there are stages where moves take double or even more time for them to re spawn. Maybe it is because they initially designed those stages to be bigger, but it does make it so you are at a clear disadvantage when you fight on those stages.

Rocket

For the Shirai Ryu.
Hey guys, as you can see in the video if scorpion wiffs his spear closer to the wall - it hits the wall and extends the recovery by a lot, is that a bug? is that intended? can we get this fixed?

@colt
@16 Bit
I'm sure that's intentional but all i know for sure is that it's annoying as fuck,soon as i hear the wee shitty clink noise of it hitting the wall it irritates the absolute shit out of me.